Consultancy not giving NOC purposefully

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well.

I have been working in Malaysia for past 2 and a half year. I gave interview for another company and got selected. I put resign in old consultancy and have been serving the notice period. I am following all the norms in the contract, still the consultancy is purposefully not providing me NOC. I have requested them many times now. Please suggest me what i can do to get NOC as i have less time left to join new company. Any help will be grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Mr. Dhruv Gaur,

As per MDEC, If the current employer does not issue a Release Letter, applicant is required to exit Malaysia and only can return to Malaysia after the approval of new Employment Pass application with the new employer.

For your case during this pandemic situation, you can consult here -

Malaysia Digital Economy
Corporation (MDEC) Sdn Bhd
2360 Persiaran APEC
63000 Cyberjaya

03-8315 3106/3157 or email [email protected]

Thank you for your reply. In current situation i cannot exit Malaysia and enter again as the entry is banned. I will call MDEC. Thank you.

Hi Druv,

Did you get any solution from Mdec. I am in the same situation now, could you please guide me.

Thanks

Hi Dhruv, we are also in the same situation , have you contacted MDEC and what is their response?  Could you please share your experience ?

here are some TIPS. Dont worry.

Tip 1: The employer thinks you are very scared to take any action against them so they try to extort you, bully you and not pay you. You don't have to worry be brave because once you try to push them like make them spend money on you to get rid of you. They will be more scared than you.

Tip 2: Go to Malaysian immigration officer. I mailed him, he called me to his office and i told him his matter. They will call your employer and trust me your employer will be scared. Because now he has to waste his time and money on getting rid of you. The employer will definitely call you to settle the matter.

Tip 3: Worst case, in case you are not able to reach the Malaysian immigration officer, send your employer a lawyers notice. DOnt worry, it will cost you only 300 RM or less. The employer will be even more scared of you and try to settle the matter without going to court. Dont worry you don't have to pay more to go to court. Only the notice, which will scare your employer and try to get rid of you by giving you all you need.

Because in the end the employer expect money from you, you are their cattle, if you don't get them money they will trouble you but if you play with them by sending lawyer notice then they have to spend money on their lawyers to get rid of you which they don't want. Hence will try to settle stuff with you immediately

For more info read this thread answers from me: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=479469

by the way you dont need an NOC if you visa is expiring.

No one can help you with this matter, you have to either exit the country or suffer jobless in Malaysia.
Personal Experience

@vikram1991malaysia

Can you please share details of the above process or any email to get in touch with immigration officer.
I went to immigration office they said they do not help with this neither does BLS