Renovating house we just purchased

My partner and I have just moved to Blanca in Murcia from Cardiff. We purchased our house last November, after lock down we gave up our jobs, sold everything and drove all the way here with our little cat.

There are a few things that would be helpful for us for renovating:
- Are there any reclaim yards around Murcia city?
- Are builders generally expensive? We had a ridiculously large quote to re-render the front of our house, lets just say we could have purchased several Spanish cars for the price quoted!
- Rubble bags! We will have a large amount of rubble to remove, we do not have a van or any way of transporting it. We have seen large 'hippo bags' as they call them in the UK around peoples properties and we've seen them in the DIY stores, but how do we get some and arrange collection of them?
- Any other tips of tricks always appreciated :)

I would think that you'd be better off hiring a skip.
I hired one a couple of weeks ago and it cost €110 when it's full you just phone them and they come and collect it.
Always get multiple quotes for any work and try and get recommendations from people who will show you the work that has been done.
Good luck and enjoy.

We live on a pedestrian street so sadly we cannot hire a skip. Our neighbour did have large rubble sacks back in January - we haven't had chance to ask them how they arranged collection yet.
Otherwise we will probably have to ferry plenty of smaller sacks to the eco park - very time consuming!

We are doing the work ourselves so will not require contractors - apart from rendering the front of the house. We had a quote for this, absolutely huge and ridiculous so we're on the hunt for not being ripped off!

Well as i said i have lived in spain Tenerife for 37 years first in 1983 opening a car repair workshop then in 1987 we bought a rent a car company which we sold 5 years ago now so in retirement but still have a big interest in cars .

Bracey

Hello
You could take a test in Ireland (South) and the Irish licence is of course an 'EU' licence also.
It is closer to you to get your mandatory training and take the test. After you get full licence, you can drive HGV's in all EU countries (except Britain). Cheap Ryanair flights!
Just a thought.

Hello everyone and welcome to BronnyV :),

Please note that a separate topic has been created on the Spain forum to gather all responses to BronnyV's original post (which were originally on the New Members' thread) in order to help all of you converse more easily on this subject.

Thanks,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

a skip costs 80 euros for 1 week thats the best for the rubble