Stimulus check from IRS

Can a person deposit a stimulus check from the US in their Moroccan bank account?

Why not use western union to withdrawal money directly in Morocco?

Exactly what Abdellah61 said.  It's probably the easiest way to do it. 😉

My question is can an expat who has been in Morocco for ten years get a stimulus check?

Withdraw what money? it's a check.
I have gotten my stimulus "check" already, now need to deposit it.
anyways. as for the other question, yes you can get your stimulus check even if you been away from the US over 10 years

You can only get a stimulus check if you've filed a current US tax return for 2017 and 2018, so if you haven't filed a tax return in 10 years, you'll not get one.

@Yahya, Anyone can get a stimulus check regardless of whether they filed taxes or not. If you are a US citizen or US resident You are eligible for one.
Non filers can enter their information manually to get it as opposed of getting one automatically.

Yes, that's correct. I was just passing on what I've heard from talk radio which didn't provide all the info, but you must file for one if you didn't file a recent tax return. Also, if you owe the IRS money for back taxes, you're entitled to this and it's tax free.

To qualify for the full payment, you must make less than $75,000 per year ($150,000 for a married couple filing jointly) or less than $112,500 if you're the head of household (typically single parents). Even if you have no income, you're eligible to receive a stimulus check.

What's up bro, have you been able to cash your check? I'm in the same situation and I have no ideo where to cash it.

You can deposit it in your Moroccan bank account. I know that some banks won't do it. But I know for SURE that BMCE and BMCI will take the check. My friend used BMCE and I used BMCI.
So short answer is yes, but will see. it is a waiting game now. They actually Fedex the check to the US first.

To ShaK 4964,

Did BMCE accept stimulus check deposit,

can some one else in US cash My stimulus check as non resident ??

Thanks

I can tell for sure that BMCE does that. I deposited mine and it took about a month for the money to show. out of the $12000, I ended up getting 10200 dh more or less.
Now, the CS agent at first told me that it was not possible for me to deposit a US check, but I had pressed him to check with someone esle at the Bank because it had been done by a friend of mine at another branch. He came back with a positive answer, thus me depositing the check there.

Thanks Brother for such great information ,sure i need to find out sooner and see,by the way 10200 DH For § 1200 is not a good exchange; it can be a high fee or something..Anyway i gotta look it and see,tx.

Any US check is physically Fedexed to the US and back, thus the fees...and the time it takes. You should be getting another one $600 automatically, no need to file since you've already done it.

Only if you still paying taxes in the US

Fabie55 wrote:

Only if you still paying taxes in the US

Wrong.

IRS has always had a "non filer status" for things such like these.
One can file as a "non filer".

I have a virtual mailing address in the US with Global Mail. They send my check to me via mail and very secure and I phone scan it and deposit it in my US account.

the issue is that don't have a us account,so how you can open account  or cash you stimulus check and you are outside the US ??..