Move to Thailand with 3 kids

Planning on a move to Thailand from the uk with my partner who moved to England at the age of 5 from Thailand and our 3 kids. Luck has given us a lot of land and already family living in Thailand but with myself being a uk citizen even with 3 kids with thai passports and a thai partner I am unsure of what route to take with visas on a permanent move.
Advise on schools, visas and job opportunity would be welcome

Hi Ukdave and welcome to the forum. :)

Whilst waiting for others to reply please take the time to open the Thailand Guide located under 'Discover' at the top of this page. Plenty of information there.

Read through other posts here on the forum too for information.

How old are you Dave? If you are 50+ you can apply for a retirement visa and renew every year. You will need medical insurance and 20k in your bank account constantly.

Nowhere near 50 just yet!

Hi Dave

You could apply as English teacher in this case the school where you teach would provide you with a work permit.

An other option is the education visa. This can get you started the first 3 years. You would have to study Thai (very moderate). The costs are up to school around 35000 baht per year.

The luxury option is a so called elite visa either for 5, 10 or 20 years. It has its price, the 20 years visa costs 1 mio baht, but you are covered. It comes with many advantages and the biggest one at the moment is that with this visa you can enter Thailand as a foreigner. i don't know when you plan to travel but the entry ban might stay for a while.

The last option is to get married:-) You can renew this visa every year but have to show 400000 baht on your Thai bank account.

If you like more detailed information you can contact me direct by email: ***

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange contact details via private messaging please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks for the advice!

Have you been keeping up with recent political developments in Thailand?

Thai students risking it all to challenge the monarchy
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53770939