Building house in sisaket

hi all people im new to this site .need some information on building home in sisaket .i need a builder and info on local council requirements if any im also looking to build public pool for locals as i think they need one .im getting married in march to a thai lady .so need some info if any one has any thanks chris

Mr. Nugget,
May I ask, have you been coming to Thailand for a long time? Long enough to know that you cannot own property? Do you know on who's  property you will be building on? You may have to wait until you get boots on the ground here to start planning your building project.

Just wondering if you thought this out. It looks like you just signed up today and made this post on the same day but are still living in Australia. Also, do you mean you are getting married next year in March 2019?

Good luck.

Hi I have been going to Thailand for 10 years
I'm marrying a Thai lady in March have been together for quite some time
Just trying to get info
Regards Chris Rathjen

I'm also buying land off my girlfriend Aunty

Thankyou for talking to me really appreciate it have been trying to talk with people for months about this project

Get married and live there for a few years before making any grand plans.  You can't buy land, even after you are married.  You will be required to sign a form disavowing any claim to land purchased by your wife, as well.  There are plenty of websites which can explain the limitations of being a foreigner in Thailand.  Just take things slowly and one step at a time.

Hi I do plan on putting it in my new wife name

There was a recent post that you may want to read. If it's true, it just shows how things can change over time. The posting is:

Not Pad Thai but Bad Thai experience!
by Mr. Boinker dated 25 March 2018 04:09:27

It is about 30 posts further down the forum page.

Hi do you know anyone who's built in north east isaan
And if so could I get details as need a lot of info thanks Chris

Come on...do a Google Search and you will find plenty of websites, forums and youtube offerings on the subject.  It is not that difficult.

Hello Nugget. I'm wondering here. How about getting married x2 (traditional and legal). Then simply rent a really nice place for a while. Maybe take your time to plan things out with your new wife in a relaxed well thought out way. There are real estate people and contractors you can talk to. They can enlighten you and help you develop a good perspective. Maybe put buying property, getting involved in construction, and donating a public pool to the neighbourhood into your future plans.

May I use the idea of a well prepared meal as an analogy for your situation? Put your big ideas on the back burner (of the stove) so to speak. Allow other things in life, such as the appetizers, to cook first. Slow down. Take a really good look at the menu. Have some fun. Sample the appetizers. Speak with the chefs in your new neighbourhood. After a year or so you will probably be more informed and better prepared to create your own main entree -- your property, construction of a home, a public pool. Utilizing proper timing might be your recipe for success.   

In other words, and this is only a suggestion, take your time. Maybe separate your material ambitions apart and away from the most pure and simple spiritual aspect of the marriage of two loving souls. Congratulations, good luck and best wishes to you both.   dcb

Ok thanks

Many thanks to your message might be a great idea absolutely love Thailand and people beautiful souls cheers

Cheers.   dcb

I'm living in Sisaket for 15 years and might know some places that could be of interest for you.

have you already started your project? If so in Sisaket city, or outside?

Talk soon,

Mike

Have you ever talked to people about the usual price for one Rai in this particular area.

Keep all bills and receipts from your bank that the money came from you.

You wouldn't be the first guy who's lost all. And i mean all, without trying to shock you.

Why don't you do it in steps? First try to live with the woman you love for a while, i mean 24/7. Then see how things are and then get married if you're still happy.

Knowing a woman from holidays and living with her in the province where her relatives are can be very stressful. Donating a pool for the poor people in Sisaket is a real bad idea.

I'm working at a school in the center and we have a king size pool. I've seen quite a lot of relationships going downhill, what's left was the house, the car(s), the motorbikes the foreigner bought until he had no more money. Then you'll see how deep the love was/is.

There's absolutely no need to build a house right when you come to Thailand, take your time, get familiar with her family, with her friends and with Sisaket.

Even when you buy the land of an auntie, it doesn't mean that you'll get it cheap. Some/many Thais believe that foreigners are walking ATM machines and that can be disgusting.

I live in a nice villa for only 4,000 baht cold, look for a place where you both live and get to know each other, then decide if you still want to build a house.

Make some tests like you ran out of money and see how she reacts. If she loves you, she'll do all for you. If not, you'll soon find out.

Please don;t get me wrong, I'm only trying to help you, and I';m not saying anything negative about your new wife.

Just take it easy, live with her, then get married and see how things are. If you're happy with your life then build your house. But if her relatives are driving you nuts and take everything they can get if you're not there, think twice.

I don;t think it's wise to stay where the parents in law are, too many problems, the sick buffalo stories, the brother who had an accident, the whole lies about getting your money.

You've been warned. Enjoy your stay, perhaps we can meet one day and have a chat with our wives.

I have built a house near Nakhon Phanom  for GF. As already said you cannot own land. You can lease it  and you can lease a house on any land for 30 years it you want. Also th e option of 2 x 30 year extensions on lease although legally binding.

There's a place in Sisaket area where one woman went to Pattaya to find a Farang. When she came back with one, they immediately built a huge house, bought a car, the usual.

Until he was naked and could leave.

Then other girls/women followed the steps and more and more Farang lived in a relatively small area.

Some of these women even made it to three, or four houses and the most Foreigners are gone by now. Some had to go the natural way, some were treated so badly, but all women have one in common. They are rich by Thai standards. Nobody complaints about money.

It's easy to figure that out that you'll receive retirement money when you've got nothing else to do than cleaning up your farang. Or after him?

You bought your gf a house, congratulations. Back home, I bought my gf flowers to show her my love.