Where to buy a computer?

I am looking for a new computer laptop, which are the best shops where prices are not highly inflated when i walk in the door?

I did some research before buying my Lenovo and found out most shops sell used laptops as new and then went with the safest option, I bought it from Souq and it cost exactly 4,000 L.E. however it came without a software. Now your options are get the real software for an extra 100 dollars or make my mistake and get a knockoff software for 10 dollars  :D long story short, it'll later ask for a verification key, forbid you to use some functions and keep freezing.
I hope that was helpful, Good luck!

Extremely Amal. In China they have Tao Bao and of course USA have Amazon, there are many companies that are not as honest as they should be. I am concerned at buying a product I have not seen first especially as it is elctronic and may have issues returning after. I am not new to Egypt but have been out for many years and just returned. Everything has changed here. I went into Technology Mall in Nasr City and they were pretty unethical and certainly dishonest in the way they operated, not just one shop but a few as soon as they saw me. I understand some Arabic and the prices and the way they dealt with me were considerably different. 'my friend' 'my friend' which is an instant warning sign. I had my computer fixed there, two weeks later I am buying a new one. So I guess you can see why I am a little apprehensive and researching as much as possible. Really appreciate your help. There is a place to get the software and get a crack code..... never done myself as never had to but I know a number of people who have especially in China.

I know all about Tao Bao, that's where most my clothes come from  :D . I bet you didn't know that Souq is an Amazon company. I'm concerned for you, and how the new Egypt is treating you. I have told you that's what I did and I could've easily returned it if I were dissatisfied but (and I say this again) I wronged by going to Technology mall and installing a recycled windows 10 system.
Don't get me started on Technology mall, Why is that place called a mall in the first place? I used to work in the building next to it and you're completely right about the behavior towards foreigners. They used to do that with me, and I'm Arab for crying out loud!! But they never called me "friend"  :lol:
I hope you find a better and safer way. Good luck!

Thank you for your kind help Amal, sounds like you suffer also.

Where are you from?

If you want to wechat my code is    Battyman1   I assume you have wechat. No probs if you don't. really appreciate your help so far. 

I am very married, and am very respectful of culture. so link just to maybe get a bit of info. I worked in Kuwait for 10 years and lived in Egypt for around 6 years a long time ago, I am pretty experienced with dealing with Egyptians, however i am new back to living in Egypt and it has changed considerably. The behaviour goes far beyond the Technology mall, 

'my friend' is a term, i have learnt, that anyone looking to cheat a foreigner will use. I always reply 'friend.....what are you after or i am not American' there seems to be this assumption i am from the USA.  anyway never mind.

Take care

I am from Yemen but I dress like a Saudi.
I mostly suffer when I go out with my family, they act like foreigners who don't care what anything costs. When I go to work or to run errands I look like a hardworking mess who doesn't want to be bothered and never actually get bothered or ripped off.
I don't have wechat, my sister does, she's also very married and has a cat left in China so she knows exactly what you're going through. Thank you for respecting the culture! I'll use her account to add you.
Oh wow, Kuwait! Why don't you consider going back there?
Can you blame them though? they don't get paid well, the salaries are a joke, I won't even tell you about the time I worked two months for 1080 pounds! And they have new tax laws, the prices are changing for the higher and they see us (foreigners) completely oblivious of what they're going through, spending money like there's no tomorrow. I'm not saying it's justified, it never is. But it's hard for them (talking about a minority of people here)
Do you speak good Arabic and get away with telling them you're not from the US?

Wow Yemen, I can not even imagine what it is like there.

Iam not overly fond of Kuwait though the life is extremely good. They too are changing laws and are struggling financially, not that they would admit it. they have just cut all the wages in all schools for new teachers..... basically by cutting cancelling all jobs. they have also put a lot of pressure on other foreigners working there. Today a Kuwaiti slapped an Egyptian working in a store three times because he would not serve him as the Kuwaiti did not have membership to the store. from perspective very backward thinking.... just buy membership!!! has cause a national incident apparently with Egypt advising Egyptians not to go to Kuwait. bizarre!

I worked in Saudi for 8 months but their abuse of women and people in general was a bit too much and i left with my wife. I have traveled extensively across Asia and am always respectful of culture but there are somethings one can not respect, especially when they are not following the Quran which i have read though not extensively and can not see in the book many things they do in Saudi and Kuwait. that's another story!

When you have a lot of money and are comfortably off it is easy to pay over the going rate, I get in trouble on my compound when I get guys here to do things and i give a bit extra as they have earned it.... Other Egyptians living on my compound get a bit upset as they do not like to give extra and i guess the boys say to them 'the huwaigah (foreigner) paid us this , we want more" as i am can well see them doing.   but with the shops it is principal, you do not take more than a fair wage and you do not treat someone differently based on their nationality!!! If they do a good job or are fair i will give baksheesh.

So, I guess one just continues as best one can and talk to people to find out the honest people and where to get treated fairly.  I have Whatsapp as well. But do not get in trouble if your parents are formal in their belief!

I bought a cheap Lenovo 6 months ago from Carrefour and I couldn't complain at all. Reasonable selection and very cheap.
As mentioned having to get the software loaded is a pain as I didn't even get a CD in the box.

Thanks DD21

great help!