55kAed offer for a family

Hello,

I get an offer for a opportunity in Dubaï.
The proposed package is 55kAed per month + School allowance + Ticket Airfare+ reallocation allowance.
We are a family of 4 ( my wife,kid 6 year old and 1 baby).

Is this offer interesting for a europeean Expat to lead a pleasant life ?

Thanks.
K

Hi K,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Depending on your standard of living, this package might be enough or not.

I invite you to go through the various topics in the Cost of living in Dubai section, it might help you to get a better picture on the package that has been offered to you.

I also invite you to check this website : https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ , it can also help you to estimate your costs.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

If they cover medical then it is a good enough package to live on and have a comfortable lifestyle.

You can accept that offer. It's worth enough

Hi ..
Congratulations for you new job..

Yeah, the package that has been offered to you is very much sufficient for your family..

Regards..

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : No advertising on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you want to stay good way you need AED3-4k monthly.

If they give you house rent or house to stay then you can manage it.

Hi,
If it's including accommodation, then it's good enough. If it's not, then you should calculate the rent, and depends on the location, rent, housing fees and utility bills could be high.
We are a family of 4 living in 2 br apt in downtown dubai, with rent and such take up around 14k/month. I think it's a good offer if it's including school allowance (again, depends on how much is the allowance), because good schools are quite expensive here, around 60k/year not including activities fees and such

worth enough mate & best of luck