Live & die, last will

I live in MX and need guidance about creating a will. I have no assets with uncle Sam or Donald.

Hi Ezpaci,

Are you looking to create a will to disperse Mexican assets?  If I were you I would discuss issues like that with a good lawyer. Years ago I would have suggested you ask the Embassy  (U.S.) for referrals but I'm not so sure that is a good idea anymore. You can, of course, do a handwritten witnessed and notarized will just about anywhere. most if not all of the notaries in Mexico are also lawyers. You could ask your bank for lawyer referrals. Or perhaps you speak Spanish and have a trusted friend who can make a referral.

Only a Notario can write a will in Mexico not a lawyer or you writting one. They register it with the state's Registers Office. In September all Notarias give a 50 percent discount. A non complicated will cost about $1,400 pesos anytime with no discount.

I would stick with the talk to a lawyer's Idea. Do you have a will in your home country?
A good plan might also be to give whatever you want to pass on to the other person while you are still alive. If you have assets in Mexico you will definitely need an estate type lawyer to smooth that out.

Only you know what your situation is. We can just pose questions to think about.