Employment and new work practices in Costa Rica

Hello everyone,

In diverse sectors, employment in Costa Rica has been tremendously affected by the current crisis.
We invite you to share your experience on these changes in the professional world in Costa Rica.

Did new work practices emerge over the last few months?

Is working from home becoming the new normal or is it still marginal?

What about recruitment in companies located in Costa Rica?

Were there new laws passed regarding work? If so, what were the consequences on the labour market?

Finally, what is your personal experience on that matter and on your own job specifically?

Thank you for your contribution!

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hello ! 

I am a semi retired M.D. 

Double boarded in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and in Pain Medicine.  Will Fellowships in Sports Medicine and Interventional Spine. 

One of my specialties is the surgical placement of spinal cord stimulators for chronic pain patients.

I would also be more than willing just to practice general medicine to help out with the CoVid pandemic. 

I can be reached ****     or by text (first) or a phone call in the U.S. at****   Happy to submit a C.V. and letters of recommendation.

I am 64 years young.    I have never has a malpractice law suit or any disciplinary actions against my licenses or privileges

Thank you  .

Kind regards,

G. Thomas Morgan, M.D

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, contact details should not be posted on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thomas,
I was wanting to follow-up with you and see what successus you may have had finding work in Costa Rica.

I am a Nurse Practitioner and currently a partner is a spine practice.
I have obviously worked with  Physiatrists and Pain providers over the years.

Any luck thus far?

Best,

Tom Trubenbach

While  a tourist and have not yet gained Permanent residency, (which will take 4-5 year after your initial application for temporary residency) you cannot legally work here. To work in  the medical field you are required to be bilingual and are required to resit your exams in the Spanish language.
More info here regarding working plus what it takes to becoming a legal Resident

Thank you so much for that information.

I speak some spanish, but am in no way bilingual at this time.

I will either have to retire, or look elsewhere.

Thank you again.

Tom