Trucking company in Costa Rica

My name is tom but they call me scoop!! Been before to CR and did nothing but fall in love with all barely came back home. Will be spending more time there and would like to find out about driving 18 Wheeler trucks   OR.  Security work have curidentals   OR.  U tell me.   Very open minded and jack of many trades.

Once again, you are not legally permitted to work here, until you have gained  Permanent resident, have a work visa or work on-line.

Of course you could try and find a job with a trucking company in the USA.

No have driven in the US for many years been there done with that .....how hard is the permits to get?  Or is it just cash?   Going to spend more time in CR so I'm sure something will pop!!!!!

Hi tom,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Costa Rica forum.

Thank you,
Christine

Tommy1313 wrote:

No have driven in the US for many years been there done with that .....how hard is the permits to get?  Or is it just cash?   Going to spend more time in CR so I'm sure something will pop!!!!!

If you want to drive a truck for pay legally in CR, you would have to find an American company to hire you there  adn sponsor you (not sure if that's likely) or you'd have to first become a CR citizen.

If you are willing to work illegally, you can always go down on a 90 day tourist visa and talk to people. Do you speak fluent Spanish? If not I doubt you'd be able to get a job other than if an American company hired you to work there - again I am guessing that would not be likely.

Also I don't know what the pay is in CR for truck drivers but I am guessing it's probably about 1/10 of what you are used to making. For info on residency etc see arcr.net

@Tommy1313.......It is not going to happen for you here......We wouldn't be Costa Rica if we allowed all the tourists,from the 4 corners of the earth,to come in and even step in line,in front of 1 Costarricense,seeking a job.....End of discussion.....North America and Europe can learn a lot from Costa Rica-----can they not ?

That's right. You cannot legally compete for any job that could be done by a Costa Rican citizen.