Moroccan marriage/ Maher

Hello everyone I am looking for advice on Moroccan marriage traditions. I am planning to marry in Morocco and my budget is 300,000 dirhams.( Maher, gifts, small wedding party, travel, filing her green card for USA)
I am thinking 60,000 Maher, 40,000 gifts, 20,000 small wedding party, 180,000 for travel and paperwork/ filing.
I would like to know if there is a set or expected figure for the Maher and gifts.
Also I would like to ask that the Maher be deferred until she arrives in the USA, can anyone tell me if this is normal because I do not want to offend her or her family.
I am also not sure if I am doing the right thing because even  though I am financially stable I do not want to set the wrong expectations.

Hello,

This donation would be a form of appreciation and would offer certain guarantees to the woman. The mahr allows the woman to survive alone for a few months in the event of misfortune (death or illness of the husband for example). In Islam, men do not have the right to touch the heritage of women who use their money as they see fit. Among the known matrimonial benefits, such as matrimonial compensation, the dowry, the mahr is comparable to the dower.

This donation can take many forms, such as cash or other property. It can also be divided into several parts: one given to the wife at the time of the marriage, the other after her consumption and remaining due in the event of divorce (if repudiation) or widowhood. It must also be related to the social status of the wife.

Muslim scholars believe that this gift emphasizes the importance of the marriage contract and prepares the husband to fulfill his marital responsibilities.

The mahr is mentioned in the Koran, for example verse 4 of sura 4 (An-Nisā '):

“And give the wives their mahr, graciously. If they willingly abandon something to you, then dispose of it at your ease and with a good heart. "

In conclusion, you will not make a mistake if you give it several times.

Thank you very much for your input, I was thinking of leaving the mahr in the USA for her since this is where we plan to live. The US embassy advises not to spend large amounts of money prior to marriage on women in Morocco so it made me a little skeptical. I am not Moroccan and have only visited once before, However I have decided to give her the  mahr promised just before we get married because I fully trust her. Thanks again and keep safe

Put your trust in Allah, but also tie your camel very securely 🤔