BI Open Again

The Bureau of Immigration is open again, at least in AC. It was not busy today but that was probably due to no one knowing it was open.  There was a "special P500" for expedited service.  It was today's special.
I was able to get an extension which took about one hour in and out.  I got a 2 month extension which they measured from the time my last extension ended, 4/29.  So, my 2 months got me until 6/29 and NOT until 7/15.

I guess it depends on when quarantine ends in each province, here in Cagayan De Oro we've just been told it's been extended again.

It was also extended here.  The opening was a surprise and not advertised.  In AC the BI office happens to be inside my local supermarket (across the street).  I was at the supermarket and noticed that it had opened.
Actually, if you are on the automatic extension for 30 days after they open again, the only issue is that you might have to get two extensions very close together.  Here they only do 2 month extensions so I had to pay for the two months from my last expiration date.  I have no idea what happens if they are closed in other locations and you are already near or at the 2 months.

FindlayMacD wrote:

I guess it depends on when quarantine ends in each province, here in Cagayan De Oro we've just been told it's been extended again.

GCQ or ECQ extended there?

pej1111 wrote:
FindlayMacD wrote:

GCQ or ECQ extended there?

Friday, the day I went, we were ECQ with any change up in the air. As of the 16th, it will be GCQ.

AaronAardvark wrote:

The Bureau of Immigration is open again, at least in AC. It was not busy today but that was probably due to no one knowing it was open.  There was a "special P500" for expedited service.  It was today's special.
I was able to get an extension which took about one hour in and out.  I got a 2 month extension which they measured from the time my last extension ended, 4/29.  So, my 2 months got me until 6/29 and NOT until 7/15.

Ummmmm were you actually thinking there might be some freebies days...LOL.

Some BI offices have soldiered on. Dumaguete for one. Anyway, so don't forget you have 30 days after the lifting of quarantines to play catch up, so save you allocated funds for visa extensions. Don't Överstay.

Munchie wrote:

Some BI offices have soldiered on. Dumaguete for one. Anyway, so don't forget you have 30 days after the lifting of quarantines to play catch up, so save you allocated funds for visa extensions. Don't Överstay.

Yes, it is just that since they back date it to the last expiration, you gain nothing by waiting and now it is not busy at all.
It appears that it could get confusing as to to when the 30 days starts and stops.  And it looks like, depending on the last expiration date, someone might actually have to pay for more and 2 months.

BI is not yet open in Davao City.

AC is open with MECQ in place.  What level is in place in Davao?

AaronAardvark wrote:

AC is open with MECQ in place.  What level is in place in Davao?

As of the 16th of May it is now GCQ.  They posted on there FB page  BOI Davao District Office on the 16th of May that they are not open for walk in business, they do take phone call's.

FindlayMacD wrote:

Went to the BI office in Cagayan de Oro on Friday May 15th. to get a 2 month visa extension and renew my ACR card. Paid a total of 5,858.00 Php's. 2,500 for the new  ACR the rest for the 2 month visa extension.  BI said my new ACR card can be picked up when i renew my tourist visa in 2 months . CDO is currently under a GCQ . Malls were allowed to open May 8th but wifi was shut off and the air con was lowered to where you sweat and dont linger to long. Anyone over 59 or under 21 not allowed in mall and you need a barangay  pass as well. Being 67, i just go through the grocery store where i am allowed to enter and then just enter the mall from there. Very little traffic in the mall. Curfew is 9pm.  Looking forward to life  getting back to normal.

Good info guys..

I don't know what is going on.  Like I said, BI opened in Angeles City on 14 May.  I got my extension on 15 May along with many others.  Today on 20 May there were people going there.
There is a youtube guy PhillyinthePhilippines who makes a ton of videos, mostly in and around Angeles City.  He visited Marquee Mall on 19 May and did a video where he says he was told they were not giving extensions.
So, either he is wrong or they changed their minds for some reason.

The truth emerges.  On 14 May it had been assumed that Angeles City would be going to GCQ so based on that BI opened for normal extensions.  On the night of the 15th it was decided that AC would actually go to MECQ and BI then closed down the normal extensions.  They are open for those who have to leave the country.
Since the MECQ expires on 31 May, I would guess that they will return to semi-normal business.

Does anyone know if the BI is open in Cebu City??

Bill Mc wrote:

Does anyone know if the BI is open in Cebu City??

If Cebu is GCQ or better, probably but best to call them 032 345 6441/2

Our BI office in SFC La Union never closed apparently but a call from the better half to them a few weeks ago advised they were running on skeleton crew and if it was only an extension and new ACR card that we shouldn't bother until things open up again, was asked to register my name and see you soon.

Cheers, Steve.

Do they still want or need to charge for the overstay retrospectively?
I mean don't you fellows even have the guts to speak up?
We were "imprisoned" here - forced to stay without means of getting out. Yet they still have the indecency to charge us for visa extensions (at least the fees and penalties are waived).
Hopefully people wise up and stop coming or returning for whatever reasons.

Are you talking of Thailand or Philippines. Here it is a forum on Philippines

BI is now open in Davao city, an appointment needs to be made.

geolefrench wrote:

Are you talking of Thailand or Philippines. Here it is a forum on Philippines

That poster is a known troll.

pej1111 wrote:

How is appointment made?

AaronAardvark wrote:
pej1111 wrote:

How is appointment made?

Bureau of Immigration - Davao District Office
June 2 at 11:48 AM ·
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC

Please be informed that BI Davao District Office will now be accepting transactions for TOURIST VISA EXTENSIONS, DOWNGRADING OF VISA, STUDENT VISA and PERMITS, SPECIAL WORK PERMITS and PROVISIONAL WORK PERMITS only.

BI Davao District Office will be adopting an APPOINTMENT SYSTEM in transacting with our office. Walk-in transactions will no longer be allowed. To make an appointment, you may call our designated telephone numbers to wit:

(082) 228-6477 - Tourist Visa Extensions
(082) 228-6488 - Downgrading of Visas
0995-0118810. - Special Work Permit/Provisional Work Permit

You may also use our email address: [email protected] or chat us at our facebook account: BI Davao District.

We will post updates on the resumption of other BI Services not included herein.