How to obtain an ACR-1 card?

Just wondering whats an ACR-1 card and how do i obtain one?

You get it from your local Bureau of Immigration when you go to renew your visa, unlike your visa you only have to renew it once a year.

There are two types of ACR cards,

Basically the ICR card can be broken down to two types (There may be more for  (e.g. some one that is married, i don't know about that)

One is for some one that is here for (I think more than 3 months (I think it is a min stay here for 3 months) and less that 12 months) the other is for someone that is here for more than 12 months.  The first one does not need renewal, it simply expires after 12 months.  The second as Findlay stated has to be renewed, (in the first two months of the calendar year.)

I think that in detail there is a lot more rules around them that i am not aware of.

How long have you been here?
How long have/are intending to stay in the Philippines, without leaving the country.
Are you married to a Filipina?
Are you working here?

Answer the above questions will help members give you a better response.

http://immigration.gov.ph/services/alie … d-issuance

Just start here!
If you're as naive as you sound....think long and hard about coming here! Day Dreamers here are chewed up and spit out like a chewing tobacco!

lasvegan wrote:

If you're as naive as you sound....think long and hard about coming here! Day Dreamers here are chewed up and spit out like a chewing tobacco!

They can be Snuff Out too or you can end up like Prince Albert in a can.

No Blunts in the Philippines.

Tariq183 are you an expert on ACR-I Card now?

Here is a decent reference that should help you Tariq. Not sure if prices are still current.
https://www.silent-gardens.com/visa.php

I thought Expat sites were to share experience/help our fellow compatriots, not criticise or belittle. All at some stage started green and are here to share/help.

Cheers, Steve.

Don't be too dejected/sensitive on some of the replies!
The guys here have been "locked down" in their homes for a very long time, with many variations of this quaranteen which are being revised/extended on a weekly basis : ECQ/GCQ/EGCQ especially difficult for  many senior expat guys (>60).
Just take your time...some very good info/facts can still be found on this portal!
Good Luck!

:D

I just got my 2nd extension today 5/15.  It expires on 6/29 which is a total of 4 months in country.  They automatically applied me for an ACR card an charged me for it.  I asked when I would actually get it, I was told to check back in about 2 months.
For me, I don't really need it anymore.  I have the receipt and everything that I really needed it for, like bank account and postpaid phone service, I already got (with difficulty).

Yes the info helped ALOT. Thanks for taking your time out to help me

AaronAardvark wrote:

I just got my 2nd extension today 5/15.  It expires on 6/29 which is a total of 4 months in country.  They automatically applied me for an ACR card an charged me for it.  I asked when I would actually get it, I was told to check back in about 2 months.
For me, I don't really need it anymore.  I have the receipt and everything that I really needed it for, like bank account and postpaid phone service, I already got (with difficulty).

That brings up a good point! KEEP every single receipt you get here from any and all gov't offices! They are what is always asked for when you need to show proof of having obtained any services or documents! Once you get a visa stamp be sure to keep the receipt as you'll be asked for it when paying for the next one! Then every time you get another you will need everyone you got previously! Get a nice folder that closes and has secure snaps or twist strings and keep them all together so you can present any and all documents and the receipt for it to any office requesting it!

AaronAardvark wrote:

When I applied for my ACR-1, I extended my visa at the same time. Two months later I went to pick up my ACR-1 card and it was not issued because my visa had expired during process of the ACR-1. Had to renew it again, then pick up the ACR-1 a week later. This is the Philippines, what did I expect? Hahahaha

yup
if you read all the instructions they warn you about that

Word of caution! When you pick up your card be sure that it is properly filled out! More then 50% aren't! At the very top of the info is the SSRN:
If there is not a 17 digit number there point it out to the guy giving it to you! It will have to be redone! My second Still one had no number and it was not legal! Still waiting for it to be corrected

W9XR wrote:
AaronAardvark wrote:

When I applied for my ACR-1, I extended my visa at the same time. Two months later I went to pick up my ACR-1 card and it was not issued because my visa had expired during process of the ACR-1. Had to renew it again, then pick up the ACR-1 a week later. This is the Philippines, what did I expect? Hahahaha

At least for me, it should not be an issue.  If my SRRV is not finished by 29 June, I will simply walk across the street and extend again on 26 June (weekend between).

It should be made clear...you don't apply for an ACR1 card. It will be given to you automatically when comes the time you are eligible. (as they smile and take your money). The only exception would be if you have a permanent visa. You just might have to be proactive on that one. But I'm sure they will "remind" at your annual report interview.

Munchie wrote:

It should be made clear...you don't apply for an ACR1 card. It will be given to you automatically when comes the time you are eligible. (as they smile and take your money). The only exception would be if you have a permanent visa. You just might have to be proactive on that one. But I'm sure they will "remind" at your annual report interview.

Should be.  In my case I had to pay for an ACR-I card after being in the Philippines for a total of 2.5 months.  Even if they added in my extension to June 29, it would still be a total of 4 months.  I thought it was supposed to be 6 months.  I guess they need the money.