Huawei smartphone screen replacement

After nearly three years of carefully using phone, dropped it on what appears to be a small rock yesterday. Actually I had dropped it a handful of times before, but was lucky because it landed on the edges and I have protector casing.

Fortunately, I can still use phone now, as the crack is somewhat at the bottom and not in the usable screen area.

Has anyone had their screen replaced in Vung Tau? Is it expensive to replace? Seems the screen itself for my model is around 300k vietnamese dong.

Heard there are replacement kits to buy, where we do it ourselves. Has anyone done this?

My wife has broken a couple over the years. Both times it cost more to replace than getting a new phone. That doesn't help I know.

If you need a new one try Vsmart. Made in VN, more bang for the buck. I bought one for about a million VND. I would advise spending more. it's a bit slow sometimes.

VietCanada wrote:

My wife has broken a couple over the years. Both times it cost more to replace than getting a new phone. That doesn't help I know.

If you need a new one try Vsmart. Made in VN, more bang for the buck. I bought one for about a million VND. I would advise spending more. it's a bit slow sometimes.

Thanks for info about local brand. BTW, quite pleased you said 'bang for the buck' not something like 'bang for the swipe'. :D

I would advise spending more. it's a bit slow sometimes.

You're probably aware of these, as you seem quite technically savvy, but I reckon I'd mention anyway, perhaps for others.

With my phone, I found it became slow over time. Searched Internet and found some cool youtube videos about how to 'speed up' the phone.

e.g. changing 'animation scale' as talked about in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJdQBIisaE&t=2s

another one:

https://youtu.be/c6v9huajX5c?t=170

When I first started looking in to this about a year ago, I changed 'animation scale', 'transition animation scale' and 'animator duration scale' from 1.0 to 0.5. Then 6 months on, phone became slow again, so changed setting from 0.5 to 'no animation'.

Wow. Couldn't believe it. Opening windows, switching between apps was lightening. Still pretty much the same.

Update on screen replacement:

Visited a few phone repair shops on Trương Công Định street. All the places said they cannot fix (don't have the part).

However, visited the place I bought phone holder for motorbike (on same street). He said he doesn't have the part. Then I asked if I buy the part and bring it there, can he fit it. He said yes. Only 10,000 dong for fitting.

sanooku wrote:

Has anyone had their screen replaced in Vung Tau?

No.

I didn't have it done in Vũng Tàu.

sanooku wrote:

Is it expensive to replace?

It was very expensive in Hà Nội.

sanooku wrote:

Heard there are replacement kits to buy, where we do it ourselves. Has anyone done this?

No.

I didn't buy a kit or do it myself.

Is there no Huawei Service Center in VT?  :/

johnross23 wrote:

Is there no Huawei Service Center in VT?  :/

closest one listed on the huawei website is in Ho Chi Minh City at:

463A-463B, Trần Hưng Đạo, Phường Cầu Kho, Q 1, HCM

When I search google, same address comes up, but it says:

Trung Tâm Bảo Hành Huawei is recorded closed at this location. If it's incorrectly closed, please report it.

p.s. seems the one in Q.10 is open though. Address:
194 Đường 3 Tháng 2, Phường 12, Quận 10, Hồ Chí Minh

I broke the screen of an LG phone a few years ago here in Saigon, but fortunately there was an official repair center within a bicycle ride of my apartment near Tao Đàn park.  It cost about 2.000.000 dong to repair, but I had to wait over two weeks for the part to arrive, so I ended up buying a new phone and giving the old phone to a friend once it was repaired.  Whether it was worth the repair cost is a question, since the phone was several years old, but at least I was able to recover my data.

I know the post here is about replacing screen of a phone. But has anyone any tips in the case of a broken screen of a Mac? Really upset that the kid can drop that its much bigger than a phone, say the least.. Please help..

Stumbled across some good information:
https://consumer.huawei.com/vn/support/warranty-policy/

phoned the freephone number on that webpage, selected '2' for English support, spoke to staff.

He was able to confirm that there is no service centre in Vung Tau and provided the centre address in Hồ Chí Minh City (HCM):

194 Đường 3 Tháng 2, Phường 12, Quận 10, Hồ Chí Minh

I gave him the serial number of phone, and he was able to identify that the phone was purchased outside Vietnam and said service centre may not be able to fix due to this reason. Seems if it was purchased in Vietnam, they can for sure. He assured me that he will contact service centre, then get back to me.

He said usually screen replacement will cost 1,200,000 vietnam dong for this phone.

Received a call within the hour (which I wasn't able to take). Then received an SMS saying 'after checking serial number with service centre , they've said they can support you, however, they will need to check phone directly to guarantee success.

Please ensure that you never repaired the phone at unauthorized repair shop…..'

Overall my experience with phone support has been pleasant and response times excellent.

Apologies for not posting any sooner - my account had been blocked since 22nd April.

Please make sure to get an OEM part. My screen job on an Ipad Mn: terrible.

Cheap, but 3 x thicker, much less responsive... A waste of money. get it done  r i g h t.
Please share, how it went and how much you paid?