Hi! Just landed, considering Vung Tau

Hello,
My girlfriend and I just landed in HCMC after 7 months in Thailand.  We're both certified TEFL English teachers and after a day or two of rest, we will be off on a job hunt. Vung Tau appeals to us a lot more than giant HCMC, due to both size and coastal location.   We'll be equipped with CVs and smart clothes, and will be putting together a list of schools. Any advice you might be able to share is greatly appreciated, be it specific schools, a clean and cheap place to stay, anything! Thanks!
John

There is a concentration of schools near the Coop Mart in Vung Tau around Nguyen Thai Hoc st.

One block over towards the east i think is Truong Van Bang st. There are a number of small hotels on this street, all within 2 to 4 blocks of the supermarket and within easy walking distance to 4 or 5 schools

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/947195_10201424357435449_1707735644_n.jpg

Thanks for the info, that is really helpful. Are you a teacher? Any teachers in VT want to share their thoughts on the place? Thanks again,Don.

No, I just live in the area.

There are about 22 language schools in VT, some good, some not so good. If either one of you likes to teach small kids, I can put you onto a job for weekends.Send me a PM and I can give you my phone number for some contacts.

Don,
      Many thanks. Thats very helpful.
  It sounds a good area to be in,considering I will have no
    transport. Cheers