Life in Vung Tau

hello i would like to know about life in Vung Tau my plans have changed and i am now studying a TESOL Certificate IV which finishes in October and plan to come to Vietnam November/December 2013.
any information on jobs,accommodation and life in Vung Tau please.
thanks pete.

Hi guy

I think you should find a job before you go there . There a lot of flats for rent there . It's a bout 250$ for month . And some local person speak a little English . At the hotel and street food service . And food not to expensive

thanks jupiter for your help much appreciated so you say not to many people speak english?
so are there many expats living in Vung Tau?
and job wise is that easy or hard? i will be TESOL certified when i come over to Viet Nam at the end of the year.
thanks pete.

There are a number of schools in Vung Tau, and plenty of expats based there.
Work wise should be able to find job teaching, as always may take a little longer than the bigger cities like HCMC and Hanoi, but should be able to fidn something. Depending on when you arrive it may well be tricky. Christmas can be quiet and Tet (vietnamese New Year) in 2014 I think is the end of January so the period running upto then can\will be very quiet as usual.

On a side note, can't blame you for wanting to leave Adelaide... :D

thanks laidback well i finish the course in mid-october so was thinking about november any help you have for me to contact the schools would be great.
oh and yes adelaide is quiet and vietnam is not i am looking forward to coming back this time for quite a while.
cheers

Not much point in trying to contact schools prior to getting here, not without experience etc. to back it up.
Once you are here, it's a case of knocking on doors. they like to see faces in country before arranging anything.
That period November  - mid Feb will be hit n miss, so be prepared to pick up scraps of work (Expat teachers going home for xmas etc.) It's all about getting your face seen and talking to schools often to start with.

Vung Tau is nice, quiet so you should feel at home :D

yes good points i will do as you say.
on another point where are you from in England?
myself i am from Manchester ( Chorlton-on Medlock ) arrived in Australia 1969 ( 14-15 years old )
cheers

Originally from Newcastle but moved around a lot over the years.

Hi i searching Job in vung Tau in Offshore..can someone help me?

What kind of experience do you have?
Send me a PM

Hi
I am qualified Gas Water Installations, roofing,Welding,Wellness and SPA,Steel and concrete construction...i have working at Hamburg City Harbour containerfixing at vessels... Heiko

@Heikomv, you're off topic!

If you've got questions, could you please start a new thread on Vung Tau forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie

Hi, there are around 22 language schools here in Vung Tau, some are ok, others are just very badly run VN buisnesses.My advice would be do a drive around with your CV. It sounds like you have no classroom experience,which wont be too much of a problem if your teaching small kids, adults and teenagers are a different matter.Be prepared to deal with incompetent owners who are looking just for a buck and dont give a damn about education. You learn to just let them do it their way as your thoughts will fall of deaf ears.

hello 'colinoscapee' thanks for your information, yes i will not have classroom experience but with the course comes 240 hours and 2 weeks in a classroom for experience,so hopefully i can get some work and then build on that to have enough so that i can stay long term.
if you have more information on certain schools that would be helpful please send it to me.
also anything you can give me about living in Vung Tau ( costs,acc,food,internet,elec ) would also be very helpful. send p/m.
thanks pete.

The best idea is to just go around with your CV.
I did just that and got a job within 2 weeks.
There are some schools that will require a Uni degree, others are not so fussy. My experience (with the school I started with) is that they asked me what salary I wanted, so be prepared if they do. I found all the teachers were on different hourly rates.
As I don't have a Uni degree and no classroom experience I ended up on US$15 per hour, which is not to shabby.

Msg me when you arrive, and if I'm still in Vung Tau, I'll take you around to the schools and you can drop in your CV. I'll also show you the printer I use, very cheap and fast, so you can get your CV printed etc.

BTW your profile says you wanted to go to Hoi An?? Have you changed your mind or just want to know about Vung Tau??

Hello citsym yes I was looking at Vung Tau,and was looking forward to going, but I have a friend in Hoi An that I made a few years ago and she is now helping me to move there.
Thanks for your interest and all the best in Vung Tau.

Hi, We are an English school in Vung Tau and looking for an native english teacher. If you are still intrested in Vung tau, please drop me an email then we can discuss further. My email: [email protected]

am interested form India my email id is [email protected]

i'm going to Vung Tàu this weekend, wonder if anyone wants to have a coffe or beer :)

Thank you for your kind interest, but I have had contact with my friends close friend in Da Nang and will hopefully have a job with her in a Language Centre.
    thank you again.

hello, what can i do for you. i have alive in vungtau city.

Dear all,

I would like to find job related to HR in Vung Tau city. Can someone help me?

Hello sir, where  are you now?
can we have some time to discuss a job in vung Tau city.

hello,
i am reading your post and i am so interested in working  with  you. I am a vietnamese teacher and i am looking for an enthusiastic English native speaker to work with . there is a big chance that we can do together.
please give me a call to ** for more detail
or please send me your email address for more detail

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

Hi,
I am a professor in America investigating retirement in Vietnam. Looks like you ended up not going to Vung Tao. Can you share any thoughts? I am just starting to think about this.
best,
Zanna