Travel Clarification,Pplease---

I hesitate to ask this question because people will laugh at me, but I'll swallow my pride and continue!

According to The International Air Transport Association (IATA):
Passengers under the following visa categories are not allowed to enter the Philippines:
- Passengers under Visa Waiver Agreements.

Do U.S. citizens fall under this category? Are Americans still able to enter the Philippines assuming flights can be found?
Thanks!
Dennis~

Hi db, no need to swallow your pride but research is a good thing, there is plenty of info out there if you look, on this and other sites, google can be your best friend.
Only my opinion and understanding of our current situation. (OMO)
As a foreigner traveling to PH. you won't get on a plane from your home country (if you manage to find a flight) unless you are a Filipino national, diplomatic whatever, traveling back with your Filipino spouse (married) and I'm sure others will throw other options into the mix.
Visa versa for me, I flew in a month ago, on the 14th of March, beat a hasty retreat from Manila to our province before the lockdown midnight the 15th and have not left our house since, Not allowed to leave the property because I am 60.
Restrictions here are getting tighter, the better half, as of this week can only shop 2 days a week for 5 to 6 hours on those days in the local establishments,,,,,,,, the ones that are open and to get to our bank some 5 provinces (8 kilometres) away has to go to the local municipal hall to get a pass to travel after getting the local pass, will only be admitted to the bank and no other establishments. Tough times here db.

Even visas issued from foreign consulates were stopped if the applicant had not arrived in PH. prior to mid March, I got back by the skin of my teeth and had to vacate our hotel half way through the first day (2 days booked) or we would have been stuck in Manila for a month.A month later? Now probably longer.
Good luck with your search and responses here.

Cheers, Steve.

Goodness... I had no idea that the situation there was as bleak as you describe. I did a fair amount of research online, but there was an enormous amount of conflicting "information." I am in Vietnam and currently looking for a place to escape to when  flights become available. My next scheduled long-term stop was to be Cambodia, so I was hoping that the Philippines might be a convenient intermediate stop until Cambodia re-opens for business. Oh well... Thanks much for the information and hang in there???
Dennis~

Hi Dennis
You are better off to hunker down in VN! How long have you been in VN? Land crossing into Cambodia as you probably know is fairly easy and routine! Philippines is not a great place to hide from the virus! While the numbers are better then a lot of countries it's still rising here! Plus you would be stuck in Manila as bigpearl said and as I am an American retired here in Quezon City Metro-Manila I will say that it would be a bad choice! They just dumped 4500 people out of hotels last month! We are under lockdown and enhanced quarantine! At least VN has good healthcare!

I hope no one else responds to my original post because each response is more depressing! I have been in Vietnam for one year. I suppose I will try to stay here as long as possible till things become more-or-less normal. By the way, All Cambodia borders are closed. Not a surprise huh?
Thanks!
Dennis~

Only people who are allowed to enter the Philippines:

Filipino's and there Foreign  Spouse and Children  (with documented proof)
Accredited foreign government and international organisations
Flight Crew

https://web.facebook.com/officialbureau … p;fref=tag