Moving to Johor Baru

Hi guys,
I am planning to move to JB from Dubai, UAE. I have a wife and a 2 year old kid. Can you guide me how the place is .... like health care facilities,  where to look for a safe housing space, do we have furnished apartments in any expat community. How about commutation? Cars are cheap or rental cars are better option and some insight about day to day life ... malls , cinemas,  parks, resorts, play areas for kids etc etc... for a family life.

I am a bit concerned as Dubai life is very fast and wondering how the life in  JB will be??

I've been visiting Johor Baru since the early 1980's when I lived in Singapore and used to ride my Kawasaki z650 up into JB and then on to Desaru and Mersing on the east coast of Malaysia. The place is developed now and it is a generally very safe place to live with lots of expats and Singaporeans who live here. There are also malls and attractions such as Legoland. It is about a 5 hours bus ride to get to Kuala Lumpur and an easy trip to get into Singapore. I wouldn't live there myself if I had a choice of Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, but it's not bad. And of course it is not as fast as those cities or other cities in Asia because it isn't a capital city. However, since you are from Pakistan you should find the food there inexpensive and delicious especially the nasi kandar restaurants which are never expensive.

Thanks a lot ....
Can you give me an idea about some decent gated communities for expats... where I can be closer to good health care facilities , parks etc as I have a small 2.5 year kid

People always talk about the Iskandar development which is modern and lots of gated communities there. However, since I haven't actually lived in JB, nor bought any properties there, I would check out the following information on accommodation in Johor Baru:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/mal … aharu.html

There is some good advice and also some online property companies in Malaysia listed at the bottom. I would go with iProperty, Property Guru and Star Property. Within the listings you can find individual listings with the agents contact details.

Great thanks a lot.

hello
It will be different from DXB but you don't have to worry about facilities and safety. Its a nice town and great people.

There is small expat community as well as Pakistani community.

I have lived in JB for 6 years before moving to KL last year. PM me for more details and I can introduce you to few friends and network.

Bon Voyage.

Hi good day.

I'm Ivan from JB. I'm Chinese married with 2 kids. When you plan come to Johor Bahru? Or you already at Johor Bahru. We can share some information. Thanks