COVID-19 and expatriation in Turkey

Hello everybody,

The COVID-19 crisis inevitably impacts Turkey, between closed airports or periods of containment in some cities or even the entire country .
We would like to hear from you during this unusual period, to find out what the consequences of this pandemic are on your expatriation or expatriation project in Turkey.

Does the current crisis call into question your long-term expatriation project?
If you are already settled in Turkey, do you plan to return to your home country?

How are you living through such an uncertain period, especially if you are far from your loved ones?

Have any of you ended your expatriation in Turkey unexpectedly?

Paradoxically, has this crisis brought you closer to some people?

What are your plans for the future?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hope you are doing well.

Loïc.

Honestly I have been planning to go but I can't due to the circumstances as for the future we'll see if I find a good job that gives me some sort of stability then yes and I'm hoping this thing blows over soon so I can go I am not sure if it's going to work out but life is about taking chances and you never until you try, stay safe and keep well friend!

Greetings from Toronto Canada!

As a person over 65 and my flight back to the Uk was cancelled I find myself under 24/7 curfew so the only possible way of getting food is on the way home from hospital appointments. Phoning the 112 number if you are able to get through is a complete waste of time because they do not speak English. Also impossible to get home deliveries for the same reason.
I phoned the British Embassy In Istanbul and the British Consul (which is closed)
Phoned easyJet who simply cuts you off.
I wrote to my MP and got an out of office response saying he will try and answer within the next 20 days! I sent an email to Dominic Raab who says the government has spent millions on rescue flights but of course no reply.
I eventually was able to speak to a woman in the British Embassy in London who simply said no rescue flights from Turkey now or in the near future, she did not even want to take my name! So Brits stranded abroad are really left without any help!
Now a flight to England would be to dangerous and is much safer to live in Turkey. Just wish the over 65s who are in good health could be free to go to the supermarket for essential food supplies

What part of Turkey are you located? I am so sorry,  and feel your pain, would love to help but I am in Alanya area myself.
Similar frustration with the phone system, my Turkish is not good enough to handle phone calls.
I had transfer scheduled for 350 Euros this past Saturday to drive me from Alanya to Istanbul airport but then the curfew came...
Transfer company:***, are not refunding the money NOR are they willing to reschedule for this week, so they basically stole the money. My flights I was able to reschedule but now I don't have any way to travel from here, I am refusing to use that transfer company again...

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : no (negative) advertising, please. thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, I hope you are in good health. I'm in Istanbul on the European side. Please PM your whatsapp number. Let me see what I can do. Take care

if you are over 65, there is nothing to do by the transfer company about rescheduling until curfew is ended. although you are under 65, intercity travelling is prohibited for everybody now bcs of epidemic, you have to get permission from governorship.
i think it is common practice under such circumstances of force majeure conditions, so you better check the sales contract between you and transfer company. what is the name of the company, the link is invisible due to moderator's interference. i guess it is taxi, right? is it transfer company itself or else? if else, transfer company shall not take any responsibility on behalf of third parties.
btw, fyi, as per latest news, turkish airlines will start flights from antalya to uk and usa as of may 1st.

i dont know if anybody can get help from Foreigners Communication Center, aka YİMER.
here below the link for yr reference:
https://yimer.gov.tr/EN/Index

I would like to share with you my feature plans am going to send you my what's app number

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details for safety reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes COVID19 stop moment everywhere and everyone stuck inbetween ' I am physician working experiences amongst multinational communities since long time visited Istanbul on 1st January ' so I am looking opportunity to be a part in battle field against Covid 19 in any capacity and want to serve this country during current medical emergency situation ' but I have two issues ' I know English ' urdu ' hindi languages only  and second I don't have resident permit yet ' I know systemic it is not possible but in current crisis period there will be definitely options to work with ' I don't know to whom I have to visit or approach to offer my services kindly suggest me '
I may work on direct exposure covid cases ' someone suggested me and give me reference of ministry of health Ankara to talk and forward my offer on voluntarily but I couldn't manage to get it done.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 66#4854303