Termination Notice Period and companstion

I got Termination notice form my employer
my work permit expire date is 16th March, 2020
I got  termination letter on 01 March, 2020
i just want to know. can i get compensation from employer and how many days salary will get

please reply as soon as possible

vinod

Go and read this first.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=841333

And you should be paid until your last day of work in principle.

Hello XTang
I got termination letter  for short period
Contract ending date 16th March, 2020
letter received 1st March, 2020  (only 16 days period)

shall i get full moth salary,  i mean upto 31st March 2020?

vinod

If you continue to work till then.

Dear Vinod,

As per article 96 of Labour law, all Employment Contracts shall expire and shall be deemed terminated at the end of the term mentioned in the Contract.  If your employment contract does have a term (expiry date) mentioned in it , then unfortunately you will not receive compensation for unfair dismissal on such date.
IMO, Notice less than 30 days is very unfair however the short notice cannot be the argument in your favor!

On separate note - Please do verify your last settlement amount you must get following:
1. Full Salary till last working day.
2. Payment towards unused annual leaves
3. Indemnity - total 30 day (basic+social allowance)  salary.
4. air ticket / equivalent cash. (only if you are not locally transferring your visa)

I hope you will get another job soon. Godspeed !!!!

regards

Hi Vinod,

To avoid created similar threads/posts, i merged the last post on your topic here. If you have more questions, please post them here.

Thank you,
Christine

If your employer has shut down the office and cancelled your visa and has paid all your dues.

The employee has 30 days of grace period to get a new visa or leave the country? Is that correct.

Secondly given the current COVID-19 situation does the above 30 days still apply?

Thanks

The first part is correct.  The second part may be relaxed as well but you will have to approach LMRA or NPRA to get those extensions.

Thanks XTANG.

Not sure why but there has been no response since my first inquiry to NPRA, hopefully expecting a feedback next week.

They are taking almost 1-2 weeks to reply. Keep in mind that they get thousands of requests. In normal days, when you went there physically, you waited hours.  Now even more people have issues due to lock down and it has moved online.

If your visa was through lmra, approach them instead.

Hi i get terminate later from my Company tehy said they will pay one mont Salary and i'm working 5 year's this company they did'nt give any ait triket to me whlile i ask for air triket they said after after now i wll get air triket Money  or not i want to know ramanadn time they said i have to work lodding and 10 hurs i told i'm Muslim i cannot thets's why terminate me i have 16 mont for finish my Contact now i can make complain for then or not

File a case at Ministry of Labor.