Hepatitis B infection

ok so if i am working in company A and plan to change job to company b. In order to not have medical issue i should ask company B to transfer my VISA from company A to them and for that i need a NOC from company A.
Just gave example to make it clear.

Hi Midge and everybody

Thanks for the info,yeah im working in a contracting company and im hoping that my company will also support me in any case..inshalla....tom i will have my medical test again and lets see what will happen after the result...Pray for me guys.
Thank u so much.

Yes you need NOC from Company A in order for company B to process your visa which will be under them.

cheekoo wrote:

ok so if i am working in company A and plan to change job to company b. In order to not have medical issue i should ask company B to transfer my VISA from company A to them and for that i need a NOC from company A.

Please let us know what happened.Hope you will receive the clearance to work.

Unico wrote:

Hi Midge and everybody
Thanks for the info,yeah im working in a contracting company and im hoping that my company will also support me in any case..inshalla....tom i will have my medical test again and lets see what will happen after the result...Pray for me guys.
Thank u so much.

Ok. So taking NOC and transferring visa might also not have any issues you reckon? and is safer then cancelling and renewing it. One logic that comes to my mind Midge is that they also consider people living here for long and may be consider giving them a clean chit what do you say?

Midge wrote:

Yes you need NOC from Company A in order for company B to process your visa which will be under them.

cheekoo wrote:

That Physical test law is so stupid. In my country, HBV(+) is totally ok, nobady will care about it. most people get vaccine, and it is hard to be effected.

by the way, the doctors in UAE are lame,haha,don't they know the basic medical knowledge?

Hi, dear lucky holders of Fitness Certificate!

Please, tell me, which exactly test results MOH need for Fitness Certificate?
Bilirubin, SGPT, SGOT (ALT, AST)?   HBeAg absence?  DNA PCR negative? 

I have same story as everybody in the forum & I'll try to come back when my ban will be over

hello guys check this out might help us..

Individual Services 

Medical Fitness Certificate 
To protect Dubai population from imported Infectious Diseases all expatriates wishing to work or reside in Dubai, U.A.E must be subjected for some tests. Medical Fitness Services is the Centre for Infectious Diseases Screening and it is a requirement to get your Visa stamped in your Passport.

Rules & Regulations
Any person working as a food handler i.e. Food Industry, Restaurant, Housemaids, etc.
This category-screening package includes: - HIV test. - HBV test. - Chest X-ray.
Interpretation: Positive result of any test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.
Same tests will be done for Visa renewal.
Any person with Visa category as a Dependant (Housewives, Fathers, Mothers, etc.)
Only HIV test is required for both New cases and Visa renewal.
Test Interpretation: Positive result of the test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.

All other categories
The screening package for new cases is:
HIV
Chest X-ray.
For Visa renewal: Only HIV test is required.
Interpretation: Positive result of the test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.

Procedures
The following are required in order to obtain this service:
Valid Health Card from Dubai Health Authority, Government of Dubai.
Medical Fitness Certificate that can be purchased in Dubai Health Authority, Health Card Section situated in Rashid Hospital or can be purchased in Medical Fitness Centres in Al Maktoum Health Centre or Jebel Ali Clinic Medical Fitness..
Certificate must be typed in Arabic language.
e-Medical Fitness (eMF) system

Service Location
Al Maktoum Medical Fitness Clinic is situated in “Al Maktoum Hospital”.Near the Fish Roundabout.
TelephoneContact: 04-2196666
Jebel Ali Medical Fitness Clinic is situated in Jebel Ali Village. Telephone
Number: 04-8846601

Unico wrote:
    All other categories
    HIV
    Chest X-ray.
something wrong, Unico. I am office engineer but I was deported from UAE due hep B last summer.
When was issued this information? please, give us the link, dear Unico

dohms.gov.ae/MedicalServices/IndividualServices/MedicalFitnessCertificate.

Its already discussed, but did you got deported for new visa or renewal case? and did you apply to any of the freezone.

ohh, yes. I remember this page. 1 april of 2009.
I was deported from Dubai (not free zone). It was new visa case.   thank You cheekoo

Hi all. I was hired in a freezone company and I am into IT sales. I am a hepa b carrier. The company did not deported me. Instead, cancelled my employment visa and noted that I do not have a medical.

Dubai law about hepaB is really stupid!

eyndyel, they cancelled ur employment visa. so what visa status are you in now?

Finally I got the residence visa!

I have been living in the UAE for almost 3 years. I lost my job in Fujeirah and I got a new offer for an IT job in Dubai within one month. My first company canceled my visa and I had to apply for a new one. I made and the repeated blood test and the sentence was: Hepatitis B carrier. The kind answer of Musahini medical centre was:"Sir, you have to leave the country." before telling me what was the reason.

The result is that, after a long battle, I got the residence visa. Never give up my friend. I heardt that this stupid and discriminating law is going to change soon.

Some suggestions:
1)Avoid Musahini medical center. Do not go there. They would immediately make an electronic notification of your unfitness status and it's really hard to delete or modify it. Take time and go to any other government hospital where you can find kind, helpful and supportive people who can drive you to get your resident visa.

2) Do not leave the country while your request is under process and ask your PRO to put on your passport the amendment visa.

If you renew your visa or you have been living in the UAE for a while it's possible to overcome this nightmare.

congratulation fred. Good luck for your new job.

heloo my husband is also infected with hepa b when he lands to dubai, and a job is already waiting for him but he was afraid for the medical test but he passed the test, and until now he wonder why he able to pass the medical. Is there a certain category of jobs when screening on hepa b? And now he is worried because his contract is about to be finish and he should renew his visa, is he going to undergo hepa screening again? His working as Facility/maintenance supervisor in real state or similar with Facility Management, is this job also included in the category of jobs to be deported if found infected with hepa b? Please give us information about this so that we will know what to do.

jill, When did your husband got the visa stamped and medical? Well the category always listed that people in food and medical industry should have problem in clearing even before this new rule. But some how they have started checking everyone for Hepb especially for new visa they are deporting people as many on this forum have suffered. So the response from doctors after tests are highly inconsistent and to me it seems like your nationality and the mood of the doctor giving certificate is also a factor here.

when will it be changed? that's a really stupid law, so unfair!
I will go to Dubai next month for work.

fredrt64 wrote:

I have been living in the UAE for almost 3 years. I lost my job in Fujeirah and I got a new offer for an IT job in Dubai within one month. My first company canceled my visa and I had to apply for a new one. I made and the repeated blood test and the sentence was: Hepatitis B carrier. The kind answer of Musahini medical centre was:"Sir, you have to leave the country." before telling me what was the reason.

The result is that, after a long battle, I got the residence visa. Never give up my friend. I heardt that this stupid and discriminating law is going to change soon.

Some suggestions:
1)Avoid Musahini medical center. Do not go there. They would immediately make an electronic notification of your unfitness status and it's really hard to delete or modify it. Take time and go to any other government hospital where you can find kind, helpful and supportive people who can drive you to get your resident visa.

2) Do not leave the country while your request is under process and ask your PRO to put on your passport the amendment visa.

If you renew your visa or you have been living in the UAE for a while it's possible to overcome this nightmare.

Fred,

By the way can you please tell us step by step what you did to challenge the verdict? i.e. after they told you that you are HBV+. Did you requested them that i am not in food or medical industry and you are fine extra extra. Please steps would be helpful for others to try the same.

Thanks

fredrt64 wrote:

Some suggestions:

hi it was april below is the link 2009,http://www.dohms.gov.ae/MedicalServices/IndividualServices/MedicalFitnessCertificate.htm

T D 99 wrote:

Unico wrote:
    All other categories
    HIV
    Chest X-ray.
something wrong, Unico. I am office engineer but I was deported from UAE due hep B last summer.
When was issued this information? please, give us the link, dear Unico

cheekoo, it was supposed to be a new residence application from a tourist visa. I just went home to my country of origin.

hey whatever  happened to Venegates  case?????? pls Venegates respond...Please lets help each other...

well  called the maktoum fitness centre and they  gave  me the lab number 045023939...  asked them about the housewife RENEWAL visa... said only HIV  test wl b done.... called the sharjah  muncipal clinic for RENEWAL of housewife visa..they said the same thing , only HIV. but new cases will not  b granted visa if found  positive or may b considered by the authorities.. please once again donnot  change jobs, and also i did the case study for all cases on the forum and renewal cases  are  ususally granted visa... once u cancell the visa and go for the new visa , even if housewife u have to go for all the tests...and if positive no luck.... hopefully things change....

anything change? keep waiting...:/

i will go to dubai under a tourist visa next January, and the company there are going to apply a 1 year work visa for me. I'm so afraid to be denied...as everyone will know I'm a HBV carrier, not only the colleague of dubai but also those in my country of original. I have to explain what happened that I was banned not to get my work visa! But seems that's just something going to be happen.. God!

Let there be a new law.

Hope anyone kindly help me on this.

Let there be a new law!

Hi
i am still waiting for good news from MOH. every week i am following with the Director of preventive medicine, MOH.
the change of rules are on paper and waiting for ministry approval. they are saying it is just matter of time.
I am keeping my wife in visit visa for the time being.
i hope, soon we get the good news.

Hope we will get the good news soon, God bless! let the world be equal...

Hi Folks,
Very insightful forum, and lucky I noticed it as I have just returned to the UAE from a years break and I am awaiting the arrival of my wife next month who is a hep b carrier.
Just in case I have missed it can anyone confirm if they have had their wifes new visa processed at this time under this circumstance.
Will stick to a visit visa for her for now until confirmation is received.
On a seperate but connected point does anyone know if there is a delay required to renewing 3 month visit visa, have read a one month delay may now be required in between renewals.

Life is never straight forward here.

Cheers
JimmyJimmy

Midge,Bobot, Sias

I am in the same boat as you are. Thank you for sharing your experiences..it somehow shed light to my sleepless nights. So comforting to know that i am not alone.

I already reside here in UAE for 3years+. I passed 2 medical tests, 1 from dubai visa and 1 from free zone visa. Just recently i changed job (office work), was cancelled from freezone and now applied for a new visa, and was shocked to find am HBsAG+ after my 2nd test. Am so tormented by the truth. Thank God for giving me helpful people...same with Sias , i was asked to submit docs(see Sias procedure with immigration) for medical committee. The health rep told me i might get 70%-80% chance. He also told me not to tell with PRO till i got my result. I was asked to come back this Tue.

Sias, i need your guidance since both of us is almost 100% on same situation. How did you keep hold the info on your result to your PRO to avoid embarrasment? 

Everyone, please help me pray...i really really need your prayers. Let's storm heavens with our prayers. Nothing is impossible with the Great God Almighty if we just join hands in prayer and keep the faith!

vengates wrote:

Hi
i am still waiting for good news from MOH. every week i am following with the Director of preventive medicine, MOH.
the change of rules are on paper and waiting for ministry approval. they are saying it is just matter of time.
I am keeping my wife in visit visa for the time being.
i hope, soon we get the good news.

Thank you Vengates,
You are giving us a big hope. It's very important for these who are visiting this forum. Please stay tuned and give us update as soon as you hear any news. God bless you.
This is a great country to live in. Hope UAE authorities will make right decision soon.

When will this healthy test be taken?

In my case, I will be in dubai next January with a tourist visa, and apply a 3 year work visa there. Would I be tested when I submit my docs or when I visit dubai again?   I see on some website, they say if you apply a work visa, you will have to leave the country, and when you come back again, they will give you a healty test to finish the last visa applying procedure.

Shenmeyepa,

Yes its true, when you come here as tourist visa and then later apply for a work visa, you need to exit the country and you need to go through a medical test upon return to finish the visa applying procedure.

any good news?

look at this:http://health.sohu.com/20091229/n269282096.shtml   China canceled the Hepatitis B test for job and enter school. China is a great country. hope UAE Authority can make wise decision ASAP

June78 wrote:

Shenmeyepa,

Yes its true, when you come here as tourist visa and then later apply for a work visa, you need to exit the country and you need to go through a medical test upon return to finish the visa applying procedure.

Thank you, June78. So, I won't be kicked out during my first trip... good news...

Dear Midge,Jill13 and everyone,

Thank God for a wonderful gift this new year!!!Finally I got my Residence Visa again....Guys thank u so much for your prayers....all of you guys don't ever lose hope God is really good in many ways...for those who doesn't know my story i've been here in dubai since 2005.I gave birth last year my baby boy who is one year old now is negative as well as my husband i am very scared when the first time they took my blood test they ask me to repeat again...i am still having an argument that im done with the test but they insist to have it again and im wondering why,i asked the doctor he didnt tell me anything,i was told to have another test...but my friend who is inside the hospital told me HE IS NOT YET SURE THAT "MAYBE" I AM POSITIVE IN HEPA B....I cried and couldn't move until the clinic of this Medical Fitness closes i was there trying to understand the situation and how i got infected knowing that my husband is negative and my son it was really horrible...that night we went to have a test with my husband and to my surprise i am really positive HEPA B and the doctor explain it to me that i am a healthy carrier and he even gave a treatment for 3nights each injection it costs me 300dirhams just to clean my liver as per his advice and take the risk...I got 5 injections and i should stay in the hospital for 1 hour each night and it was really so tiring coz after work i need to go there for my treatment but sad to say after all those apending and sacrificing I got the lab test still positive and i cried again and my husband gave me so much encouragement which i appreciated a lot and finally i decided to speak with my officemate who is PRO and a good friend of mine and advice me to go Al Baraha Hospital which I did and FYI guys they gave me MEDICALLY FIT they don't even speak with me that i am positive with HEPA B....anyway my case is renewal and i am working in HR Department i don't want to give false hope to each and everyone of you but Al Baraha Hospital might help you first thing its not crowded if you have to renew your visa i paid 610 dirhams for my medical test....i am very sure they will give consideration for RENEWAL CASES which 100% happened to me...Thank you so much for those who prayed for me...To God be the Glory.
Guys justpray hard and really God answers prayer.He is always awake...God bless us all!!:)

Congratulation Unico,

Just to tell you that Hep B has no treatment to make it totally disappear from the body. The best way of monitoring the Virus is to make bood test every six months to one year to be sure that the viral load is still within a predefined value and no medicine is required for this case. If the viral load becomes more than the predefined value, the virus might affect the liver and in this case, some medicines are required to minimise that effect.

From this introduction I would like to tell that the doctor who gave you three injections to "clean your liver" HAS MISSLED you and he should not have done it. The proof is that you are still paitive even after these injections.

Good lack and hope this law changes soon at least for people who are not related to food handling, saloons, maids and medical staff.

hi i have a query im new to this blog and i want to kno some information about hep b my wife has got hep b and she was on employment visa from abu dhabi we went to khalifa hospital for medical examination where they did her blood test and called her for medical for the second time. we were scared and went didnt go to khalifa hospital infact we went to other reputed hospital for blood test to have more knowledge about the problem the doctor suggested us to do a PCR test for hep b realtime they found the PCr negative that is less than 12u/ml what does that mean and would she be allowed an employment visa, please help eagerly waiting as i see a lot of people in this blog who has got good knowledge about this problem her profession in the visa is an operator for an electronic company. we went for the medical second time as well but we dont have that guts to take the result as we are scared about wat will happen if they dont accept.

Dear THBT,

Thank you,yeah i know that Hepa B doesn't have any cure once you have it definitely it will just stay in your body,the reason why we take the risk to have the treatment coz the doctor explain it to us that it might help for the blood test which we did but that time im having thoughts that it would really not work coz i read some articles about hepa and i have an little idea about it but if you are in my situation you will have all the courage to do everything even you know the fact that it will never work out...the only thing on my mind is i don't want be away with my family since we are already living here and build our life here.....but unfortunately those treatments and injections that i got is useless...the only KEY to all of this is prayer...its our only weapon...Im still afraid for the next renewal who knows they wo'nt allow me to work anymore..i just hope and pray that the law for this Medical will change in the future.