Garden Shop or Farming Supply in or Near Siem Reap

Hi fellow expats,

I'm trying to find somewhere that sells garden supplies such as lime, blood & bone, potting mix, as well as orchids, cycads, euphorbias etc.

My main interest is in obtaining soil amendments so we can grow peppers, potatoes & tomatoes, as they're all imported where I shop & expensive without having to incur excessive freight costs by purchasing online.

Personally I've yet to see a garden shop or horticulture wholesaler in my 2+ yrs here. Does anyone better versed with SR have any intel they can help with?

Also, where can I purchase rough sawn timber? We need thick plank & framing timber to construct raised beds & box beds for the terrace.

Many thanks in advance,
Steve.

Hi Steve,

Hope this info helps. The main garden shops I have found are near SR airport. Along airport road before the rotary and turning left at said rotary. You will find several sections that sell plants, flowers, dirt etc. The only place I can think of for blood / bone meal might be the feed stores. I know that the only fertilizer they sell is the dried cow poop.
I am also growing potato's, corn and tomato's but the soil is so poor, I ended up making my own compost. Don't know if that is possible for you, but the growing results are amazing.
You can try the furniture places to see if they have the wood you are looking for. Can not remember the road name, but drive by Magic Home (will be on your right) and stay straight, there are a number of shops that sell furniture (bring someone who can speak Khmer). Hope this helps and good luck with your growing.