Residency For Cebu

Can any one advise how I get residency in Cebu and the process. I current have a house in Talisay.

Dave1963 wrote:

Can any one advise how I get residency in Cebu and the process. I current have a house in Talisay.

More information needed Davo. Are you married? Did you pay for the house?  If so who's name is it in. Are you ex military, what is your age. You have a few options.

Probably the same or similar to what we do here. You go to the barangay hall where you live. You state that you have a house and if you own it (your Filipino spouse owns it), then you should have a tax certificate. Take that with your ID. I assume that you are an expat, so the ID will be your passport. Take your ACR card too. The barangay should have an application for you to fill out.

The process may be a little different and perhaps you have no tax cert, but the barangay should be able to explain what you need to do.

We have been in the same place for 10 years and never did anything specific to establish residency. The people who work in the barangay hall know everyone who comes and goes here. We just ended up on the list of residents soon after arriving.

So go check with your barangay hall. You might already be on their list if you have been living there for a while. You just fill out a form and they give you a certificate.

Then again, not all barangays operate the same way.

As the above suggest you need to supply more info with regards to your circumstances and then some. As a newbie here can only ask how you "have a house in Talisay" as a foreigner and gaining the likes of a house? Whose name is it in? Getting to the house stage also involves research and then do it again prior to sticking that property in your spouses name unless you are a Filipino citizen then the rules change.

Plz let us know where you are coming from to gain reasonable advice/info.

Cheers, Steve.

And why do you need to establish residency?

The guy is not trying to get a visa of any kind. He is trying to establish an address of record - the way I read his question.

And it's really simple and it is pretty much one size fits all whether you are foreign, local, military etc.

It happens by osmosis, like it did for us. And you just go down to the barangay hall to make sure and get any cert that you might need for the purpose for which you are trying to establish the residency (credit card/bank account/whatever).

I base my presumption about your wanting to establish an address of record upon the fact that you specify Cebu and you did not state anything about a visa.

But maybe you are asking about where you can apply for a permanent residency type of visa  in Cebu. If that is the case, then Munchie has a point. You need to state a complete picture of your marriage situation and whether you are retired military, because that makes a difference in what visa options are available to you. Some options may be available in Cebu, while other require you to go to Manila.

I think Dave has left the building...

Hi Steve,

We actually built the house 3 years ago, I own 49% and my name is on the deeds for both the land and the house.

Cheers

Dave

Dave1963 wrote:

Hi Steve,

We actually built the house 3 years ago, I own 49% and my name is on the deeds for both the land and the house.

Cheers

Dave

go talk to a lawyer about that

and not the same one that did the documents for your land

Philippine Destiny wrote:
Dave1963 wrote:

Hi Steve,

Cheers

Dave

go talk to a lawyer about that

and not the same one that did the documents for your land

Sorry to say this Dave1963 but...i totally agree wif 'PD' on this!....Get another reputable/independant lawyer to vet these same docs...I say this fm my own personal experience.

Thanks

Dave1963 wrote:

Hi Steve,

Cheers

Dave

Sorry to be the one to tell you mate, your name is NOT on the land. Foreigners CANNOT own land in the Philippines. You may own 100% of the house, that's a thing between you and wifey, but pray you never get into a "situation" over property distribution.