US passport renewal

My U.S.A. passport needs renewing.  I can send the application and passport via any courier service but none will handle the return of my documents.  Has anyone done this and who did you use.

The US government site says Air 21 will collect and return your documents for a 1 time fee. 

However when I spoke to them they told me it is one way only ie delivery to the embassy.

Please if you know how this works I would be appreciative.

Please note: I am in Cebu.

Welcome to the forum ribaldeagle.

I am looking into this now as my Aussie passport expires in 2025. While a different embassy/consulate they are recommending to use a company called JRS Express.

Looks like they have some 450 branches within the Philippines. Aussie consulate simply suggests to buy a prepaid return envelope with the same company and send that with your documents.

Probably like you I don't want to go to Manila or Cebu to accomplish this. Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl said. . . . my Aussie passport expires in 2025. While a different embassy/consulate they are recommending to use a company called JRS Express.

Aussie consulate simply suggests to buy a prepaid return envelope with the same company and send that with your documents.

Almost simular at the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles, CA

Upon our marriage my wife & I went to the Philippine consulate to have her passport changed from her maiden name to her marriage name.

They directed us to purchase a prepaid registered mailer, giving us the amount, for the return of her new passport.

Bob I'm actually surprised that the US consulate don't recommend a/any couriers that supply this service, the Aussie government gives a company they obviously trust to do the job, door to door.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl said. . . .    Bob I'm actually surprised that the US consulate don't recommend a/any couriers that supply this service, the Aussie government gives a company they obviously trust to do the job, door to door.

Registered mail in the US is the most secured way (USPS) of sending mail, it also requires a signature upon delivery.

Sorry Bob, I will clarify. The courier company I mentioned that they recommend is internal, I take my docs to that company, they send to the consulate in Manila and return back to me via a prepaid satchel to my address here, signed for of course.

I doubt very much that the AU consulate in Manila can process/issue a new passport and needs to be sent to Australia. Seems they cover those costs as they should, the fees will be AU 800 to 1200 bucks for the joy of renewing a 10 year passport, prices have risen drastically from 8/9 years ago when it was 160 to 200 for the privilege.

Regardless much cheaper than flying back to OZ and wait 6/8 weeks to get a new book as well as accom and living costs there,,,, estimate that would cost me 10/12K Australian. better to put more solar panels or batteries here.   

Is what it is and I will walk their path.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks guys for the info.

After further research I found a Phone number for Air 21 that promises a two way door to door service. We will see in 6-8 weeks how well it works.

Thanks guys for the info.
After further research I found a Phone number for Air 21 that promises a two way door to door service. We will see in 6-8 weeks how well it works.

-@Ribaldeagle

Please let us know how it went when you're all done with it.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Sorry Bob, I will clarify. The courier company I mentioned that they recommend is internal, I take my docs to that company, they send to the consulate in Manila and return back to me via a prepaid satchel to my address here, signed for of course.
I doubt very much that the AU consulate in Manila can process/issue a new passport and needs to be sent to Australia. Seems they cover those costs as they should, the fees will be AU 800 to 1200 bucks for the joy of renewing a 10 year passport, prices have risen drastically from 8/9 years ago when it was 160 to 200 for the privilege.
Regardless much cheaper than flying back to OZ and wait 6/8 weeks to get a new book as well as accom and living costs there,,,, estimate that would cost me 10/12K Australian. better to put more solar panels or batteries here.   
Is what it is and I will walk their path.

Cheers, Steve.

-@bigpearl

I visited the Australian Consulate HCMC with the renewal application that is available online and the necessary photos. Paid $A475.00 and the 10-year passport arrived about 2-3 weeks later. Add another week for the consulate to phone me and I now have it in my hand.

Well done Safepeter.

I was just going off the scale of costs on their web page and could have easily misread, regardless I need to go through the same process in the next year or less. or return to Oz,,,,, Not wanting to sit there for 6/8 weeks waiting.

Cheers, Steve.

My U.S.A. passport needs renewing.  I can send the application and passport via any courier service but none will handle the return of my documents.  Has anyone done this and who did you use.
The US government site says Air 21 will collect and return your documents for a 1 time fee. 
However when I spoke to them they told me it is one way only ie delivery to the embassy.
Please if you know how this works I would be appreciative.
Please note: I am in Cebu.

-@Ribaldeagle Hi Rib, Just renewed my US Passport. . After paying the renewal fee of about 130.00 US dollars from my peso savings  account online converted from pesos to dollars Then sent the receipt and old Passport via LBC to the US Embassy in Manila. They will send it back via LBC and i paid the LBC corrior about 130 pesos when he delivered it to my front door and i signed for it in person.Since it has to be printed in the USA and sent back to Manila i was surprised to get it back in a little over 2 months. I am living in CDO.