Cebu...

Hi,

My husband has been offered an amazing opportunity in Cebu. We have lived in 7 different countries and I'm very sick of moving. We also want to start a family next year. We were considering London or Europe but now this has really thrown a spanner in the works. I am an English Tutor and artist and always enjoyed work and have done very well.

I heard foreigners can't work in Philippines?

How is it for families? I've lived in 3rd world and busy Asian cities and I don't imagine it's great for young children.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

You cannot take a job that could be done by a Filipino.  Count on being a mother rather than awage earner.  Life can be cheap in the Philippines if you are willing to live like a Filipina.  Don't know where you have been, but most find Cebu quite hot and humid.

Dubai, China, Australia, Cambodia. I'm an English teacher so think I'll be fine.

I believe foreigners can work or may have a small business in the Philippines as long as you acquire a working permit from the Gov't office.  Greater chances you could work in international companies like call centers or in international schools.

As born & raised in Cebu, I could say it's pretty good for families who would like to explore our culture since most of Filipinos can speak English, our cost of living is pretty well & we do have a lot of schools that are open for international kids and on weekends, your family might enjoy our sun, beaches, waterfalls, island hopping & foods.