Health Insurance for 70 year old Expat

Hello,

Any recommendations for health insurance for a 70 year old expat? My father in law will be joining our family in Hanoi this summer and I want to make sure we have health insurance for him. He is in excellent shape and doesn't currently have any health issues.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

javjenatru wrote:

Hello,

Any recommendations for health insurance for a 70 year old expat? My father in law will be joining our family in Hanoi this summer and I want to make sure we have health insurance for him. He is in excellent shape and doesn't currently have any health issues.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Not an easy thing to get at a reasonable price. You can do a search online for insurance, but the cost may scare you.

I think many expats from America, go to their home country when they have a bigger problem, because they don't consider the Vietnamese hospitals (which are not as expensive as the International Hospitals) as qualified enough.
If you are one of them, a flight to America is probably cheaper than an overpriced International Health Insurance.
If you went to a Vietnamese hospital, you could use their services for a long time for the money you would have saved without an overpriced International Health Insurance.

The only affordable health insurance that some of Expats have mentioned here is probably BaoViet.
In another thread another one was mentioned as well. You must search the forum. I'm not sure but I think it was a German insurance company.

I AM 69 & 70 this year, I use Regency for Expats, 7k usd PA for premium cover. All countries covered except USA,
They are Hong Kong based, I have been with them for 3 years, had 2 claims paid promptly & without question. Premium has increased by 500usd over 3 years.

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed on the forum. You should register in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct