Jobs for Americans

Looking for jobs for American citizens in the Philippines. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quentin Jones

What are your qualifications and work experience?  Speak any languages in addition to English?  Will you be supporting anyone else?  How often/how much time have you spent in the Philippines?

quentinjones wrote:

Looking for jobs for American citizens in the Philippines. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quentin Jones

Salary might be unpalatable to you. A dollar salary would be better but you need special skills for that and a needy overseas company.

Yes i am well aware of the pay discrepancies and the legalities of foreigners working in this country. Which is why I specifically stated for “American citizens”.

Unemployment is at 20%, what qualities do you have that would make you more qualified than a local?

I am not looking to take away a job from a local citizen.  Legally I can not anyways.   I am searching for specific jobs for foreigners in the Philippines.  So far, my search has come up as a bust in many years.  Thanks

Welcome Quentin. Since this is an "Expat" site, meaning a citizen living and working abroad, your question is valid, and comes up frequently. Yes, there are foreigners working in the Philippines, mostly for foreign companies. American firms have workers here in sectors such as financial services and various types of engineering and consulting services. Many of those positions will be senior technical or management, the lower and mid-level positions being filled by local employees. Most of them are probably filled internally although I have in the past seen international recruiters seeking people to work abroad. I was contacted and/or interviewed a few times for positions working overseas when I was in IT management before I retired.

quentinjones wrote:

I am not looking to take away a job from a local citizen.  Legally I can not anyways.   I am searching for specific jobs for foreigners in the Philippines.  So far, my search has come up as a bust in many years.  Thanks

It would appear you are ashamed of your education and experience.  How can anyone help you if they do not know where to send you?  Have you ever been to the Philippines?

quentinjones wrote:

Quentin Jones

Hi and welcome to the forum, I do hope you find what you are looking for. The above advice seems valid as you offer no expertise/professional qualifications with regards to the field of work you are looking for nor your visa status. 13a, SRRV, SIRV etc.
Simply for me, I am a film technician in the logistics area. I help make things happen and work. I have worked in PH. twice now for 2 six month stints and as said in other posts never a problem, my employer handled all of the paperwork.
If you have the required skills and expertise and hook up with an international company then contracts will become available if you're services are required.

In the mean time please consult our best friend google and the available information both here and other expat sites. Perhaps provide a little more info so willing members that can help or steer you in the right direction within this site.

Cheers, Steve.

If you have a computer and internet access your best bet is to register on websites like Upwork and Freelancer to see if you can get some "at home" work. It doesn't pay a lot, but plenty for the philippines. Also look on the jobs section on craigslist. There are always jobs for homeworkers posted.

If nothing else look for an online job tutoring English.

You are not likely to find any jobs for Americans in the Philippines unless:

- you are highly skilled and or your company brings you in to the country on a contract.

- you get into acting (not likely)

- you work for the US government

More likely is that you create your own job by starting a business - which will take a lot of skill and know-how.

You could teach on line English, but you need a four year degree in most cases and you will definitely need a stable high speed Internet connection. Speed will need to be at least 10 Mbps downlink and at least 2 Mbps uplink. Latency will need to be under 200 ms (to points in China in most cases). Plus you will need to make sure that your connection and computer will not go down during the sometimes frequent black outs.  This type of work also cannot be depended upon. You could be fired without notice or recourse and sometimes without receiving your final pay.

Other online work will be mostly low pay and undependable.

In short the options are not good.

You need to have money to come into the Philippines and make money.

The best way is go to The BOI website there is section on updated visa applications, there are list of those wanting work visa and the name of the company's might give you a list of companies hiring

as ive mentioned before the best way to make 1 million $ in the phils is to arrive with 2 million $

of course one  could sell shoes to the marcos family

powerkiter120 wrote:

of course one  could sell shoes to the marcos family

Henry Sy started out selling shoes.