//Help Post// Regarding open a Clothing Store in Nepal.

Hi!
I am Topon Tigga, from Bangladesh.
Need help regarding open/start a Clothing business in Nepal. I am working in apparel industry for long time. Now, I want to open few clothing store in Nepal. Clothes will be imported from Bangladesh...
Could anyone help me regarding this issue???
Waiting for your favorable reply.
with thanks
Topon Tigga

Please stay connected with me.im also interested in doing clothing business I'm more interested to import clothes from bd.

Yes u can my friend

You need to see what the requirements are for SAARC countries like Bangladesh. For foreigners to start a business in Nepal you need to have a Nepali partner and invest $50,000 or more in order to get a business visa. But I don't know about other Asian countries.  Do you know what the requirements are?

It looks like you don't have a Nepali partner. That's a big problem. If you do anything that is a legal 'short-cut' it will be very bad for you. I guess what I'm saying is don't go into business in a foreign country with someone you don't know. The risk would all be on you.

I don't usually answer questions that I don't have a lot of knowledge about, but nobody else seemed to have an answer.

This guidance information is for Topon Tigga
As previously published on these pages, back in May 2019, our friend Francoise19, updated the minimum amount of capital which foreigners now have to bring into this country, in order to set up a new business here. As can be verified on the net, it is now a matter of public record that last year the Government of Nepal increased the so-called Minimum Threshold of Direct Investment by foreigners to 50 Million Nepalese Rupees At current exchange rates, this converts into USD 420,000 in round figures, which is nearly a 10-fold increase over what the minimum was before.