Outdoor marriage as an atheist

Hello,

I'm a 24 y.o.  French atheist, and my girlfriend is a christian Filipina, since I don't have a big budget, I don't like churches, and I was never baptized, i'm considering an outdoor (= outside of church) wedding.

I found a group of "certified outdoor priests" = https://www.facebook.com/priests4outdoorweddingsphils/

The FB page and website look a bit fishy, but I'm thinking it's the philippines so maybe they are just not on point technologically speaking... anyway it doesn't cost me anything so I just sent an inquiry.
But while waiting for the reply, I would like to know if some of you have been in my case, and if yes, which priests did you hire, and how did you manage to arrange the venue and all yourself?

I'm new to this, so I have absolutely no idea how a normal marriage should be conducted... (like the process of setting up the priest etc) especially in the philippines

Thanks,
Loic

Of what Christian church is your girl a member?  I would be surprised if any priest would get involved in an atheist marriage, for in the Catholic Church marriage is a sacrament.  Just have a civil ceremony, forget all churches.

Yes Civil marriage is good to. Even the City Mayor can do that too

Inthisfate wrote:

Yes Civil marriage is good to. Even the City Mayor can do that too

Mayors I know here would do it just to be at the head table at the reception.  Hope you are having a reception.

In big cities the mayors will not invite themselves to the party … they have too many weddings to celebrate  :-)

Fais comme en France, fais un mariage a la mairie. (I told him to do a wedding in the city hall, very simple and cheap )

My friend got married at the Mayor's office and the reception is just at the small restaurant nearby with her family.

Where is the outdoor wedding to take place?  Central Luzon is not very specific.

Hello Loic
We were married in the mayor's office in the city hall. Short, simple and not expensive, only bride, groom and 4 witnesses allowed because of the small room. Now we wait for the marriage certificate which takes 9 - 12 months. Hold your reception where ever you like, indoors, outdoors, a restaurant or else where.
regards   Bruce

Hey guys thanks for the reply. Sorry for being late!

Of what Christian church is your girl a member?  I would be surprised if any priest would get involved in an atheist marriage, for in the Catholic Church marriage is a sacrament.  Just have a civil ceremony, forget all churches.

She is in the catholic church. I don't know anything about her religion so I read more about it and yeah it seems to be hard in the Philippines...

Mayors I know here would do it just to be at the head table at the reception.  Hope you are having a reception.

Yes I am having a reception, I'm not too concerned about that one!

Fais comme en France, fais un mariage a la mairie.

Personnellement peu m'importe, mais je sais qu'elle aimerait avoir une cérémonie mémorable (du style à porter une robe etc.), du coup s'il y a moyen de faire un truc dans ce genre aux Philippines, ça m'arrangerait...

My friend got married at the Mayor's office and the reception is just at the small restaurant nearby with her family.

That sounds good, for the reception as long as I have a place with a lot of food, I'm really not picky!

Where is the outdoor wedding to take place?  Central Luzon is not very specific.

In tarlac, not really central Luzon but not too far

Hello Loic
We were married in the mayor's office in the city hall. Short, simple and not expensive, only bride, groom and 4 witnesses allowed because of the small room. Now we wait for the marriage certificate which takes 9 - 12 months. Hold your reception where ever you like, indoors, outdoors, a restaurant or else where.
regards   Bruce

Hello, that sounds ideal to me to be honest... I was just asking about an outdoor one because if I can, I know she'll appreciate it, but if I can't, I'll probably just do like everyone else! By the way 9 months is super long, why is it so slow?

Anyway thanks guys, I feel like the facebook page and website I found is a scam so I'm not really expecting much from them, I might just go ask to some churches when I'm in the PH but if it's really not doable I guess I'll just do a civil one!

We have the marriage contract signed on the day but the Marriage Certificate has to be registered and issued by the PSA and any government body takes absolutely ages, welcome to the Philippines, you will have to get used to it.
A suggestion for the reception, an "All You Can Eat" buffet. Ours was P500 a head at a very good hotel for about 30 people
  regards  Bruce

Take your honeymoon before marriage in Las Vegas, $20 for a marriage license, takes about 10 minutes wait, including line.

Take a taxi to one of 50 wedding chapels, prices start at $59.99. Get married by Elvis for a few dollars more.

Before you leave to the Philippines, get a certified copy of your marriage again about $20.

I'm speaking from experience.

W9XR wrote:

Take your honeymoon before marriage in Las Vegas, $20 for a marriage license, takes about 10 minutes wait, including line.

Take a taxi to one of 50 wedding chapels, prices start at $59.99. Get married by Elvis for a few dollars more.

Before you leave to the Philippines, get a certified copy of your marriage again about $20.

How are he and his Filipina wife gonna get visas to come to the USA?  What a hopeless romantic, to get married by Elvis, every Catholic girl's dream.  Flying from Manila to Vegas for a cost effective wedding?

mugtech wrote:
W9XR wrote:

How are he and his Filipina wife gonna get visas to come to the USA?  What a hopeless romantic, to get married by Elvis, every Catholic girl's dream.  Flying from Manila to Vegas for a cost effective wedding?

I'm just pointing out how simple things are outside the Philippines. How many millions are born out of wedlock (Philippines) because after marriage, divorce or annulment is nearly impossible. Hell in Las Vegas you can get divorced for $199 USD, without Elvis.

How many couples are living together as a couple, when they are married to somebody else years ago and still married to that first spouse ? "Plenty"

Inthisfate wrote:

and the price for this ? .... via Mayor's office ????

i'd just get the mayor to marry you and have a family celebration , then take her away on your honeymoon !

We got married at Antulang Resort.  The Mayor presided at the wedding then enjoyed the party; later retiring to the hotel room I provided for him and guest.  Stayed for breakfast.  Good to make friends with the Mayor.

My suggestion.  Spend mostly on food. 

Have servers or twice as much food will go half as far.  Filipinos can strip a pig faster than piranhas.  Lots of rice.  White and Garlic.

Cost me a boat load of money but so glad I did it. 

i think we got married free, we invited the mayor and his family to come over that evening and have some lechon. yep just checked with wife, we didnt pay him anything, just bought food and drink and invited 200 some odd neighbors etc..
do remember the mayor ate a lot...then left.

just remember over half of the people there to celebrate...you won't care for them too much in a year anyway. wish i would have kept that in mind from the first day i arrived.