Home decoration ideas for expats in Egypt

Hello,

After moving to Egypt, setting up home and turning your accommodation into your personal abode can be a great way to start off your new life and feel at home. We would like to know whether expats are keen on decorating and furnishing to warm up their space whether for the festive season or all year-round.

Upon renting a new apartment or house in Egypt, do you redesign your accommodation to suit your taste? Are your choices influenced by price, climate, etc…?

Have you brought any interior decoration items from your home country or did you consider buying any once in Egypt?

As an expat in Egypt do you find it worthy to invest in home decor? Could you share what you have bought and perhaps some interesting places to shop for home decor?

How would you describe the local style of decoration? Have you picked up any item which reflects the local style?

Would you be inspired by the festive season to decorate and add a festive touch to your living space?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

I have purchased a apartment in Egypt and planning to furnish locally. I've researched many builders online and screenshot designs that caught my eye. Then I developed the pics to take so when I'm shopping I can show my favorites easily instead of trying to find in my photo library. Then I can leave the picture with the builder of furniture and kitchen design also bathroom ideas. I have purchased items in my home in USA to bring in my suitcases each time I go to Egypt. But they are mostly decorative items and sentimental. I have to watch the weight in my suitcases. I'll bring assortment of clothes of seasons to leave in Egypt so not have to pack so heavily back and forth. Hoping to support local business there as the Covid 19 I'm sure has been so hard on businesses.