TV and Internet

Are there any English language TV available?  How about full Internet access.  Are streaming services like Netflix and Hulu available?

There is Netflix just pay for it.

There is Discovery,National Geographic,BBC, CNN, Fox movies,Star movies,HBO,AXN.

Rocklinjeff wrote:

Are there any English language TV available?  How about full Internet access.  Are streaming services like Netflix and Hulu available?

Nowadays you can get anything that you want, need to search on internet

Rocklinjeff wrote:

No such thing as complete and FULL internet access here, though I'm often surprised at how much I can view.

Under the law here, ISPs (and, I believe, phone companies) are required to keep a record of your internet activity and provide your history to the government when requested.

So just because you can access a site here doesn't mean that such activity is legal.

I can't access the BBC unless I use a VPN, but that may be BBC blocking Vietnam; not vice versa.

While Colin is correct about certain channels being available on cable TV, the quality of the signal often (in various hotels and homes I've visited) is grainy, like analog.

However, since you have family here and will likely have full control of your cable signal and television quality, you should be able to pull in most programs in HD. 

If you purchase a new TV here, you'll probably want to opt for a Smart TV which will include apps for accessing Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime (limited), Hulu and many other options.

As LSP123 implied, unless there is a special deal included with the TV purchase or cable provider, you'll have to pay for subscriptions separately.

Another option is to bring along your own internet TV "modem" such as ROKU or Apple TV (with an HDMI connecting cable) or a Chrome Stick.

I use a ROKU 3 and have good access to those services I mentioned as well as basic ABC news and  live CBS News (CBSN). 

Unfortunately, many apps (HBOnow, the new Disney app, etc) either require a current US cable connection OR a USA ISP, so they can't be accessed here without a VPN.

Amazon Prime Video (for example) can often detect a VPN and reject connection attempts.

Other options include using a laptop with a virtual private network (VPN) and an HDMI connection to your TV.

Many smartphones and tablets (with or without a VPN) allow casting of their signal to some smart TVs or internet TV "modems", which would expand your options.

Some streaming services (such as Amazon Prime Video) don't allow all content (free or rental) to be viewed here in Vietnam, however in my experience, if you actually purchase content thru one of those providers, then you can access it.

If you make Google Play purchases of content, you can view them through the YouTube channel TV app.

Good luck!