Moving from India to Denmark

Hi, I have been offered a position in Ballerup, Denmark as an Engineer with a gross salary of 42000 DKK per month. I am unmarried and planning to relocate alone towards the end of this year. I think this will amount to ~25000 DKK per month after taxes. There are other benefits in addition to it like internet, phone and stuff like that.
Is this a decent salary considering the living expenses in the city? Will I be able to save some part of it ?
I am originally from India, have a master's degree and a work experience of 4.5 years.

Hi dhrikash,

Let me start with the easy part of your question.
The basis: You are living in Gladsaxe municipality, and you're single.
If your taxable income would be 504,000 kroner a year, the tax will amount to 180,210 kroner, net income thus 323,790 kroner or 27,000 kroner a month.

Other benefits will all be taxable why your taxable income will be somewhat higher. You didn't mention a pension scheme?

A guesstimate: A housing 11,000 kroner + utilities 3,000 kroner + household 4,000 kroner = 18,000 kroner. Other expenses (insurance, Internet, commuting ....) amount to ?

Your surplus may be more or less, it all depends ........................

You don't specify which kind of an engineer you are, but as you come from Bangalore, I take that you are some kind of an IT engineer. IT engineers are the highest paid engineers at all.

Here are some pay statistics.
https://www.prosa.dk/loenstatistikker-t … oenninger/https://ingenioer.au.dk/uddannelser/kar … ingenioer/https://www.dagens.dk/business/ingenioer-loenhttps://lontjek.dk/lon/LonTjek?job-id=2519990000000#/https://www.jobindex.dk/tjek-din-loen/e … l-engineer

Most expats on this forum is offered 50,000 +, but their background differ why we cannot conclude that the offered pay to you is too low. However, I would always try to negotiate the pay.  It's my impression from my received feedback, that nearly everyone who has negotiated the offered pay has thereafter got a better offer (+ 2 %). Some of thems have even got much more, so do try.

Housing is a difficult issue in itself. All newcomers, expats as well as native Danes, have to settle in new buildings which in praxis means that the rent will be pretty high.

Do ask the company about help regarding the housing issue. It may be much easier for them to find a housing than for yourself.

And if a pension scheme isn't part of the offer, do ask for it.

You are welcome back with further questions, either here on the forum or by sending me a pm.

/Nellie

articulator machinary in denmrk is fake or real

@rajivkumar563478 Thank you it's fake confirmed also I reported the matter to Denmark Embassy abd they responded too.

Thank you once again

It was good that you were suspicious and avoided falling victim to this fraud which may be very common since the embassy has issued a direct warning against this kind of fraud.

Isn't it possible to report the site to the Indian police ?

In Denmark the police has a special department where we can report digital fraud. And they are very busy.

/Nellie

@Nellie Berg yes you are right I have initiated action to report to police....we too have cyber security cell will report the matter under IT Act 2000.

Thank you

@Hitendra Kanojia what they have responded ?

have you paid any money ?

royal embassy Delhi is not responding

@rajivkumar563478 Good afternoon

..no actually they told.me to contact  Ms Karen who is head Visa Counselor in Danish Embassy jn Delhi so my sixth sense alerted me that such senior officer can not be contacted on cell nor they directly involves in such job..as I am from Army background and served at various level in Central Govt I understand that its trap.  So I contacted cell No 8130789449 (they gave me this number) they told.me to.submit manual application form duly supported by offer letter...now its confirm that its trap..I told them that.... will apply online....lastly they loose their temper and started abusing me on WhatsApp...actually this  number belongs lady named Sanjana.  However its a lesson learnt for me that's why sharing on this plateform...

It seems that someone has made a big business of deceiving other people. I saw lately a tv-broadcast about some countries where the most common way of life was to defraud others.

The fraudsters said that they couldn't find a job, and this was their way to make a living.

/Nellie

@Hitendra Kanojia thanks even i got a doubt but i thought the they might be having some rule to pay visa charges so i have transferred the amount to Liza Kalyan name 15600/- then after visa approval they have said me to you have to pay the labor office fees of Denmark 1109800 so then i got a doubt then i started calling that karen number they making to force even the Denmark person called on WhatsApp number he says you have to pay everyone are paying its rule  of labor and all then i got serous doubt i though  i need to recover the amount which i had paid 15600 then i called to return my amount then blocked me on WhatsApp's .

even i called embassy of Delhi they are not supporting me to take strict action such a fraud little i feel some of the peoples from embassy are mixed with this scandal they are operating indirectly ,

@rajivkumar563478 yes it might be true....

Hi Rajivkumar,

I would be supremely surprised if someone from the embassy in any way should be involved in this fraud, but if you suspect some embassy people do are involved, then I suggest that you share your suspicion with the embassador.

It's in everybody's interest.

Actually, the embassy wants you to report to them if you have been cheated.

https://indien.um.dk/en/travel-and-resi … in-denmark

What should I do if I have been cheated by a job scam?

If you have fallen victim to a job scam, immediately report the incident to the Indian police. Such frauds constitute a criminal offence. Please also inform the Embassy of Denmark about the incident at [email protected]

/Nellie