WISH ....Has anyone used the On Line Shopping Site "Wish"

If so What was the experience like?

Were there Charges beyond the Price and Shipping?

I am wanting to order a few things yet uncertain of Revenue Brasil getting there Portion beyond the Price paid to the Website and are packages Delivered or hobo...

Thanks in advance...

I do not do Facebook, but spouse does. She shows me something and it was from UK. I said "what about taxes' in BR and she got the point. I think an order from outside would be subject to taxes but what do I know? Do they show taxes and shipping?

Texanbrazil wrote:

I do not do Facebook, but spouse does. She shows me something and it was from UK. I said "what about taxes' in BR and she got the point. I think an order from outside would be subject to taxes but what do I know? Do they show taxes and shipping?

Wish is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. I buy at Amazon and not there. It should be the same.
Goods bought overseas will pass through customs (alfandega) and they will levy the tax which you will pay before retrieval...

robal wrote:
Texanbrazil wrote:

Wish is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. I buy at Amazon and not there. It should be the same.
Goods bought overseas will pass through customs (alfandega) and they will levy the tax which you will pay before retrieval...

How much is the tax?
Is it a % of the total?
Just a SWAG will surfice. ....

Alascana wrote:
robal wrote:
Texanbrazil wrote:

How much is the tax?
Is it a % of the total?

Federal tax - 60% of the goods´value
Bahia´s ICMS tax: 18%
Total: 78% of the goods´value as tax

robal

Ouch! It hurts when I see this in writing.
Always in back of mind, but reading it hurts more.

Texanbrazil wrote:

You have my sympathy!

Texanbrazil wrote:

Hey, that's how we pay for all these public services!  Or all these public servants.   Or something.  :/
Never mind!

So buy something with U$D, send here. taxed in Real's, figure exchange rate, minus exchange fees ............ % so as of today would be 25% tax,,,,,,,,Oh crap I give up!  :dumbom:

Yeah, I paid more taxes this year to pay more alfandega public servants to confiscate our  US letters!

All Hope is Lost.........that is All, and to All a Happy Holiday Season...

Well thanks for my first holiday wishes. To you and yours also.
Wonder if Santa has shop in South Pole?
Hopefully when step daughter comes back for holidays from US she will have my presents!

robal wrote:

Yeah, I paid more taxes this year to pay more alfandega public servants to confiscate our  US letters!

As a friend of mine once said in a different but similar context, "Just be grateful that we don't get all the government we pay for!"

Texanbrazil wrote:

Well thanks for my first holiday wishes. To you and yours also.
Wonder if Santa has shop in South Pole?
Hopefully when step daughter comes back for holidays from US she will have my presents!

When I worked in the orphanage in Sergipe and used to ask the kids where Papai Noel lives, they all assured me that was "Heaven!", like it was silly to even ask.  I think that Polar Santa is mainly a  Northern Hemisphere notion.  :D

robal wrote:
Alascana wrote:
robal wrote:

How much is the tax?
Is it a % of the total?

Federal tax - 60% of the goods´value
Bahia´s ICMS tax: 18%
Total: 78% of the goods´value as tax

robal

So if the item is "FREE" and one pays the Shipping how is the Tax assessed???? Heavy on the Ass as in Donkey this is a Family Forum....lol.....and Happy Thanksgiving to those who Celebrate...I am no Political Correct person....Happy Holidays ( Sheesh....)

I believe that they look the product up online,  and base the tax on what they find.
Or just guess - who's going to dispute them?  :dumbom:

abthree is right. As mention I have walked around airport with agent (enjoy learning about the processes with C&I). If no receipt and Receita Federal thinks declaration is low, they go online (could not see site) and determine value. Even free (unless from duty free) means taxes. Now being shipped means Customs in the cargo area or correios and I did not go there due to being restricted.
As "The Duke" said "well pilgrim" you have a good Thanksgiving and hope crops are good this year.

So on line says "Free"...lol...and Reciept says Free....and they "Ass"ess....Tax Free , Rackets R US....smdh...rotflmbo...Beutiful Bountiful Brasil...

abthree wrote:

I believe that they look the product up online,  and base the tax on what they find.
Or just guess - who's going to dispute them?  :dumbom:

The Shipping Reciept. ..I'll let y'all know on the BS=Believable Stuff...lol..kkk..rsrs...

I brought my belongings from the US without receipts at the Intl Airport in Rio years back and the alfandega agents went and look it up on-line and gave the highest estimate for tax purposes.

Someone broke the right sideway mirror of my Toyota at a parking lot and I had my brother send me a replacement from CA as a gift. He just declared it as a gift and put a lower amount to "appease" alfandega and to compensate for Brazil´s very high import taxes.

It was 0 tax. You can decide what you think is the right amount you can pay and declare accordingly. You have to "foresee" if it will pass to the all-suspecting alfandega eyes.

Don´t feel guilty. You´re a big boy and I´m sure you know all governments have impunity and immoral regards to their citizens when it comes to taxes.

robal

Make sure all receipts and invoices that refer to the product are removed if you execute proceedings as I´ve mentioned...

Can he get sun roof parts for my Christmas gift and I send hm money?

Texanbrazil wrote:

Can he get sun roof parts for my Christmas gift and I send hm money?

My brother is a very helpful guy - a lawyer. But he is now in Europe sent by his company to iron out details on some business deals for his company...

So no thanksgiving in Europe for him either
Just kidding about sending parts. Have to find what parts I need, but unsure if anyone her can work on it so I do not want a hole in the roof.

Texanbrazil wrote:

So no thanksgiving in Europe for him either
Just kidding about sending parts. Have to find what parts I need, but unsure if anyone her can work on it so I do not want a hole in the roof.

Problems with the engine - most mechanics are good in Brazil. Also mostly on body parts. Now with sunroof, they have to seal that properly and with proper fitting to avoid leaks.

opens half way and will not close unless I push it. No BMW dealers here

Texanbrazil wrote:

opens half way and will not close unless I push it. No BMW dealers here

https://youtu.be/gogb7rBjxms
Just maybe....the BMW invokes loathing and ....I' will rest and defer to Cerveja. ...there were a lot of videos on your opportunity for I refuse to use the p word (problem,one time for clarity)  it seems to be a common  opportunity. ....

You should bring your BMW to a Curitiba dealership. They should be able to handle that.
Those are fine cars.

Only driven once from here to Curitiba, never again. There is one dealer in Cascavel, but never had a part I needed and always"3 months to get here. I had to bring parts from US last time.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Only driven once from here to Curitiba, never again. There is one dealer in Cascavel, but never had a part I needed and always"3 months to get here. I had to bring parts from US last time.

Have you looked at the link to see or try the self fix, I can get cheeky....BMW = Nope I aunt gona go there....

I'd take the 3 months ....jus sayn....

Yes I have looked. Older model I got very cheap. Fixed it up and painted and the bugs come and go. I will keep trying

Texanbrazil wrote:

Yes I have looked. Older model I got very cheap. Fixed it up and painted and the bugs come and go. I will keep trying

Got it...they are a handful...like my 1999 Jaguar XJ8.....Lover that Ford..lol....

I´m a Toyota man. Durable and practical cars. I bought a Paseo 24 years ago new when I was starting out in Brazil. It´s still humming and running very well all these years. I use it now as a back-up if my newer Toyota is at maintenance.

They are one of the best. They are expensive here and are ready had a new car. Found this Bimmer and was solid motor and tranny. Painted, Bought new led head lights and trim molding and injectors in the US. (Fits is suitcase)

robal wrote:

I´m a Toyota man. Durable and practical cars. I bought a Paseo 24 years ago new when I was starting out in Brazil. It´s still humming and running very well all these years. I use it now as a back-up if my newer Toyota is at maintenance.

I miss my Spaceship 2015 Toyota Avalon LE....made $1,000.00 on the sale, that paid my baggage fee's.

I had a SR5 back in the late 70s,  then the Camry 4 door and the Camry 2 door...Toyotas have to be shot to die...lol.....

I Wish I had another one (pun intended)  I guess I have to settle for the 2020 Chevrolet Prisma Premier Turbo and the Post won't deliver...lol....something about weight restrictions. ..lol...smh...lmbo..

I am in the USA right now. I have bought from Wish. Everything is very cheap and some are junk. You cannot trust sizes. 

Jim

jland912 wrote:

I am in the USA right now. I have bought from Wish. Everything is very cheap and some are junk. You cannot trust sizes. 

Jim

Okay I got the memo..now work with me, on the "Free" items tell me of the Taxes, on the items that cost, tell me the "Tax,Duty, whatever....

Thanks in Advance...
You doing Thanksgiving. ..there or here...miss you...lol..
I have  a lot of stuff  "Enroute" and if I refuse for the "Made Up Duties" imposed/ Refuse the BS and let it go back..the consequences. ..lmbo...

Thanks and how's the family???

I have never had anything sent to Brazil. The free stuff usually has shipping charges. I don't know if they will ship to Brazil or not. My wife has medical problems so we are here for a while. We are not sure when we are coming back to Brazil.

Jim

Aal god , Wishing her Well. Thanks Amigo...

realistically wish just buys from really bad vendors off alibaba. i only use aliexpress for my orders to brazil. as they will help you out with customs forms, also i can message vendors to see if they are the factory or a 3rd party vendor for whatever they are selling. ive always had a positive experience with aliexpress in brazil and north america. i prefer it over amazon.