Wanted: Job in Civil Engineering/Transport sector (Vietnam - Saigon)

I'm a 40 year Old male from Cape Town South Africa. I have a National Diploma in Civil Engineering  (Cape Peninsula University of Technology) with 18 Years experience in Railways. Experience in Project and Contract Management and Maintenance management.  I also have experience in the drawings office as an Senior Engineering Technician in the Civils section. Currently I am the Technical Manager of the Drawing office which consists of Civil, Electrical and Railway Signalling.

I am open to jobs in Facilities management, Infrastructure Maintenance management for Railways, Roads and Airports  and in Civil /Architectural Drawings Offices.

Thank you.

Sorry, those jobs can be filled by Vietnamese people so you virtually have zero chance of getting hired.  And the "virtually" part of that assumes you are completely fluent in Vietnamese.  The government is very protective about jobs in VN going to VN people when there are qualified applicants.  They generally allow outsiders only when they can't be filled by local ranks, i.e. native speaking English teachers.

Try the employment agencies or engineering placement companies

Thank you I am also exploring that avenue.

Any recommendations besides that of becoming an English teacher?

VincentZA wrote:

Pick a different country?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
VincentZA wrote:

Looking into that too thanks. Vietnam would be my first choice though.

VincentZA wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
VincentZA wrote:

Looking into that too thanks. Vietnam would be my first choice though.

Understand.
Why  (Just curious, no judgement intended)?

It's a beautiful country, very lovely people, low cost of living, low crime rate, growing infrastructure and economy, lots of opportunities or potential I guess.

Cons are offcourse the heat which isn't unbearable , mosquitoes 😂 and air pollution levels in densely populated cities like HCMC and Hanoi.

We have family there too...  not in Saigon but, not too far to travel.