Moving back to America

I'm married to a US citizen and have 2 US citizen children. We have lived in America for 4 years but had to return back to the UK and for reasons out of our control I've been out now for over 2 years. We always planned on going back but I'm not sure the best way to do it. Any advise is appreciated.

Many thanks J

You do not give enough information. What was your legal status in the US? Is your US husband in the UK with you and if so what is his legal status there?

I have a 10 year green card,  yes he's in the UK with me, I'm British and he has dual citizenship

Mamag2106 wrote:

I have a 10 year green card,  yes he's in the UK with me, I'm British and he has dual citizenship

And you did not apply for re-entry permit?
Green Card status does not expire with noncompliance of requirements to retain it. Oxymoron! You can try entering the US with it being prepared for secondary interview armed with proof of your situation out of your control. The decision may be up to the immigration judge on site or the immigration officer may wave you through. Have your kids with you.
Otherwise return Green Card and apply for new one.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi

What is your status?
Citizen or Permanent Residence.

If you are a US Citizen paid all the taxes, you may not have any problems.
Permanent Residency as the name indicates, that one need to be in the USA for a continuous period except vacation time.
Since, you are have been out of the US for an extended period of time, you may need to consult the local US Consulate for further advice.
If you dont do that and if you wish to take a chance, your entry will be decided by the Immigration Officer at the port of entry, which may not be favorable.