Meeting new people and establishing friendship groups

Good morning

I am moving to Manila at the end of October for work and would be looking for advice on groups and clubs that would allow me to meet new people.

I am 28 and looking to make friends in Manila. I have made a few already but wish to expand my network and connections.

I understand that community groups and church groups are a good way to meet new people. Unfortunately I am unsure if there are similar opportunities online without having to fall back to "dating sites" which isnt really what im looking for.

Any advice would be welcome and if anybody on these forums are from Manila, feel free to get in touch.

Regards
Fineas

FSELBY wrote:

Good morning

I am moving to Manila at the end of October for work and would be looking for advice on groups and clubs that would allow me to meet new people.

I am 28 and looking to make friends in Manila. I have made a few already but wish to expand my network and connections.

I understand that community groups and church groups are a good way to meet new people. Unfortunately I am unsure if there are similar opportunities online without having to fall back to "dating sites" which isnt really what im looking for.

Any advice would be welcome and if anybody on these forums are from Manila, feel free to get in touch.

Regards
Fineas

Hi Fineas and welcome to the forum, enjoy and research older posts. A simple google search to Meetup Manila, or simply Meetup and follow the prompts for your destination will reveal a plethora of active groups with varied interests that may well suit what you are looking for, local groups with local people from gardening to rocket science etc.
Enjoy and give us your feedback.

Cheers, Steve.

BTW Fineas, I did start a Meetup group while living in Manila some years ago and it was successful  until we returned back to Oz, no takers to hold the reigns. Typical and you will get used to that.

Steve.

Welcome Fineas,
Have you tried looking through the Facebook expat groups?

Hi!
I am currently working in Manila. I arrived two months ago and I will be here at least until December.
I am living in BGC. If you want to meet new people, I would be glad of keep in touch!

error

Belabrin wrote:

Hi!
I am currently working in Manila. I arrived two months ago and I will be here at least until December.
I am living in BGC. If you want to meet new people, I would be glad of keep in touch!

I arrive at the end of next week. I will be living in Mandaluyong but making many trips to BGC (for RiseNation) it would be a pleasure.