Looking for a barber experienced in black people hair

[Metro Manila]

A black barber or any barber experienced in kinky hair, and knows how to do proper line ups, with the proper tools - an edger and not a regular clipper. Would be great if they use enhancers too. If you know of such a barber, then you know what I'm talking about.

There used to be a barbershop called Nando's in Makati with African barbers, but they closed shop a long time ago. Said they would open at a new location - that hasn't happened yet. They weren't great, but at least they used edgers and were familiar with kinky hair.

Please no "there are loads of black people at X location. You can ask there. I'm sure they would know".
I've already tried. They'll tend to be mostly Africans and not that into clean cuts so I haven't had any luck with leads from that community.
This would be something an African American would be more interested in, so if there are any here reading this that know of such place, hook a brother up!

✌️ 🙏

all i can say is good luck!
if i leave the house i have a hard time finding a clean glass to drink out of.

Soonretired wrote:

Sorry. You lost me there. What does a clean glass have to do with a barber?

2fly wrote:
Soonretired wrote:

It all depends on what Soonretired was drinking out of that clean glass.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
2fly wrote:
Soonretired wrote:

I'll drink to that, bit early yet. I think Soonretired meant exactly what he said to the OP. "Good Luck"

I also wish the OP luck and hope a suitable barber can be found. Sourcing many things in the Philippines is difficult and at times frustrating.
Example: I have been dealing/enquiring with the 2 largest roofing companies here and while they sell many colours and have a good range of profiles, good quality etc. they do not sell the painted roof screws to match colour only the bronze anodised which will rust and then stain the roof iron. When asked what others do the companies offer up "paint them by hand",,,,,,,, what 3 to 4 thousand of them? "yes sir that's what we do here".
I will import 4,000 screws from Oz as the duties and shipping will be cheaper than the labour to paint and a superior product, it really doesn't make sense to only supply 90% of a product.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Yes our Barber/hairstylist...specifically my partners home service gay/bayot hairstylist (named Roque) just commited suicide (hanged himself) last week (very sad as he was well known here as a very cheerful & spoke a little English with me and also had a great voice singing karoke (especially celine dion tunes) very well...I visited his home  just 4months ago for his neice's christening ceremony.)
Police are investigating his death but no foul play expected.
He may have lost his only source of income doing house calls for hairstyling mainly due to the pandemic lockdown...some say he was overly sensitive when he was unable to contribute his share for the upkeep of family expenses.
Just dropped over at his place today to pay our last respects/make a small contribution. May Roque rest in peace.

bigpearl wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:
2fly wrote:

I'll drink to that, bit early yet. I think Soonretired meant exactly what he said to the OP. "Good Luck"

I also wish the OP luck and hope a suitable barber can be found. Sourcing many things in the Philippines is difficult and at times frustrating.
Example: I have been dealing/enquiring with the 2 largest roofing companies here and while they sell many colours and have a good range of profiles, good quality etc. they do not sell the painted roof screws to match colour only the bronze anodised which will rust and then stain the roof iron. When asked what others do the companies offer up "paint them by hand",,,,,,,, what 3 to 4 thousand of them? "yes sir that's what we do here".
I will import 4,000 screws from Oz as the duties and shipping will be cheaper than the labour to paint and a superior product, it really doesn't make sense to only supply 90% of a product.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

You can have them anodized and powder coated to the color you want. Example: https://mastercoating.com.ph/services/anodizing.php

Logic is not the Philippines' greatest forte.
A friend's entire neighborhood didn't have running water the whole day. Reason? They were replacing the municipal water main. Nothing wrong with that, right? Well, that's until you see how it was being done.

A couple of guys in knee high water inside a hole in the street they dug up, fighting against the water pressure coming out of an open 8" pipe they disconnected, trying to fasten on a new pipe before the water level rises above the pipe which would then mean they would have to do it underwater.

In places where common sense is applied, they would have shut off valves at strategic points along the pipes for repairs like this.

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “Common sense is as rare as genius.” Never before has that been more true than today.

Thanks for that info 2fly, I tried to contact them on 6 of their land lines and 3 mobiles and none will connect unfortunately but studying their web site it looks like the don't do powder coating, will try again tomorrow, again thanks for the link and welcome to the forum.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Thanks for that info 2fly, I tried to contact them on 6 of their land lines and 3 mobiles and none will connect unfortunately but studying their web site it looks like the don't do powder coating, will try again tomorrow, again thanks for the link and welcome to the forum.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks! And no problem.

Yea, that's just one place. If you're not having luck with them, there are many other similar places. You'll just have to do some Googlefuing.

2fly i guess i was kinda vague in my response,..you were looking for  " proper tools - an edger and not a regular clipper. Would be great if they use enhancers too ".
where i live they use old butter knives for screwdrivers!
i guess what i was trying to say is what your looking for seems very specific and if i can't even find a clean glass to drink out of unless I'm home i doubt you would have any luck looking for proper tools etc around here.
I do wish you good luck tho!

about those screws, if you could find some styrofoam or similar material and pay a local kid to just push the screws into it fairly close together,leaving the heads sticking out a tad bit, you could brush them with some enamel in the color you want pretty easily,let'em dry and pay the kid to pull'em all out and bag'em up- you may still want to paint them yourself tho, so a socket wrench will still fit on them and no missed spots.
if you could find a local with a spray pot he could shoot'em all in minutes once they are all stuck in something. usually a guy has one to paint motorcycle fenders and gas tanks etc around.
I worked at a paint shop in south chicago for a while, they used to get tons of little things like handles and knobs shipped in, we would hang them on boards covered in little nails and spray thousands of them and after they dried, pull them off and bag them up and ship them back.

of course we had lots of 4x8 sheets of plywood covered in nails we used over and over but,same concept.