Where to learn Tagalog in Metro Manila?

Simple question, where can I find a decent course for studying tagalog language? Both online or offline course would do.

OnLine, Rosetta Stone, it is a language teaching program that you do on line.  It has audio activities and verbal response (recognition of you ability) built into the learning program.

It is not cheap but consider one of the best programs around.  It covers many languages Tagalog being one of them.

PS it may be just cheaper hiring a teacher to teach you.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the classifieds. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Google is your friend.  🙄

“learn tagalog in manila”  brings up all kinds of interesting choices.

hi

i saw ur location is in Makati
i learned Tagalog before in ground floor SM JAZZ MALL bel-air ,Makati
the workshop is just located beside of "beauty butter spa",its very easy to look for it ,
the price is reasonable as well ,if 2 students ,you have discount , I paid 10k for 10 session .

abiczoe wrote:

hi

i saw ur location is in Makati
i learned Tagalog before in ground floor SM JAZZ MALL bel-air ,Makati
the workshop is just located beside of "beauty butter spa",its very easy to look for it ,
the price is reasonable as well ,if 2 students ,you have discount , I paid 10k for 10 session .

The price you paid was 1k php per hour!  Sorry but that is not reasonable.  When a teacher in the Philippines makes around 30k php for one month work.

For online: learningtagalog.com

I got this for my kids who have a hard time with learning Tagalog.

Step by step tutorial consisting of several lessons and drill sheets. Developed by a Filipino woman and her non-Filipino spouse.

Consists also of audio conversations in Tagalog between the Filipino woman and her Filipino brother which you can play at a slower pace.

Explains Tagalog syntax. Try the free 1st lesson "Ang Bakasyon" to see if this style of tutorial suits you.

I think I paid around PhP5,000 for an online package, which is a lot less than a tutor. Unlike a tutor, you don't need to pay again for a refresher. You can just refer back to the lessons.

FilAmericanMom wrote:

Step by step tutorial consisting of several lessons and drill sheets. Developed by a Filipino woman and her non-Filipino spouse.

Consists also of audio conversations in Tagalog between the Filipino woman and her Filipino brother which you can play at a slower pace.

Explains Tagalog syntax. Try the free 1st lesson "Ang Bakasyon" to see if this style of tutorial suits you.

I think I paid around PhP5,000 for an online package, which is a lot less than a tutor. Unlike a tutor, you don't need to pay again for a refresher. You can just refer back to the lessons.

Super informative. I'm gonna try this out and update the result after 2-3 months : D

kindawn wrote:
FilAmericanMom wrote:

Super informative. I'm gonna try this out and update the result after 2-3 months : D

Thanks. Please update is on your progress.

As a Tagalog speaker, I think the tutorial at learningtagalog.com got it right when it comes to a good method towards learning Tagalog. I thought Tagalog was difficult to learn or teach. But once you learn the syntax, it's actually not that hard, which is what the tutorial explains well.

The lessons (a total of 60 lessons) get progressively harder (which is like the sit-down foreign language classes in college) and the tutorial recommended to master a lesson before moving to the next.