Volunteer and Learn German?

Hello,
I am enrolled in an intensive course learning B1 German. I have a good grasp of grammer and can have simple conversations but need to practice speaking more. Also I have always volunteered and helped out in the community where I lived. What are some good volunteer opportunities in Berlin where I could practice speaking German while also helping others? If it helps, my background is in English and career education, professional writing, and social service industries.
Thanks!

There are of course many social projects that can use volunteers; animal shelters, Green Peace or other environmental groups, Amnesty International etc. And many social projects say helping the homeless will be organized through either the Catholic or Protestant (Evangelisch) churches. Maybe some refugee centers as well although they might be more in need of people speaking good German and/or knowing how to get along with the German bureaucracy. I don't know the specifics of what is going on in Berlin so you should probably Google it – or use the ecological supporting search engine alternative ecosia.de

You could also volunteer as basic English teacher in a kindergarten (possibly one for socially disadvantaged kids). That way you'd utilize your teching capabilities and deal with (small) people who are likely to use simple German that you can understand.
Another possibility would be old age homes - some of the seniors there are lonely and have lots of time and patience to talk with you.