Marbete (Car License) Renewal

Since Monday, renewal of one's car license (marbete 2019) is possible at various outlets throughout the country.

This year INTRANT are making it very clear that the marbete cannot be renewed if there are outstanding fines to be paid by the person to which the vehilce is registered.

You can check your status on the DIGISETT  website link: https://multas.pgr.gob.do/consultas

This has come as a shock to some drivers who have consistently ignored paying their fines and an article in Listin Diario is worth reading for some of the reactions.

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … -fantasmas

It is incredible that some of the mentioned drivers have 63 and 66 fines outstanding and of course they are off the argue their case. They should be banned for life with that many infractions! The penalty points system when introduced as defined in the law would be a good move forward

This is perhaps another case of authority beginning to get to grips with law enforcement now that their systems are digitalized.

I did my renewals for my car,  my company truck and second car on the website -  SOOOOOO EASY!!!! Awaiting delivery of my new stickers at the office.

Here is the page to do this online: https://www.dgii.gov.do/Marbetes/renova … DS3tdR2BnA

Very helpful links...gracias

Dominicans will leave it for the last day, a lot people find it hard to get 2,000.00 pesos and those people later will have to pay another extra 2,000 for getting it after limit date, Im seatting waitting to see the same news about it like every year.  Real dumb Dominicans, note Im Dominican too.

Do not wait until the last  2 weeks to do this, many will as that is when they received their Christmas pay.  THe line will be horrific if you wait.  So much easier to do it online or do it now in person.

Those with the fines won't bother renewing... cheaper to pay every time they get stopped...lol  Dominicans...lol

WOW they are looking for trouble. Remember last year or the year before they were taking cars away....... 

and the fines are on the driver so if the vehicle is not the drivers then it doesn't matter. ONLY if the driver is also the owner of a vehicle.

They are worried about being unable to renew for having accumulated fines:

https://noticiassin.com/conductores-que … -fantasma/

Probably not suprising that it is some taxi drivers who have accumulated total fines over 50k

And now politicians are trying to work out some compromise to part pay the fines so to allow drivers to get the marbete, which without they will get stopped over and over again and get more fines and get their car impounded.

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … ar-marbete

Implementing the new traffic laws is going to be tough but absolutely needed.

Last payment date online is 9th December and at an approved centre 16th December and after that a 2000rd additional cost applies.

Got mine today at La Nacional.

For those who don't have a cedula and will be using their passport, I wonder if there will be a hold up determining if the person has any traffic fines?

In renewing with cedula they are checking if you have fines using the DIGESETT database. The system including the renovation at DGII is geared to cedula holders.

Any current experiences from persons who are using foreign passports?

Not heard of anyone renewing yet with a passport.

I'm thinking of the non residents who own cars.

That's a loophole... non-residents may not be in the system and aren't flagged.

My house person renews mine (2) - I never have been to renew in person

Yes I understood that. I meant I have not heard of anyone trying online to renew. I know people who renew in person but not online. 

Someone needs to try and then update us.  :D

Where can I renew in Sosua? I dont have a cedula yet, but waiting for my appointment

no cedula necessary - just the title/ownership of the vehicle

But where do I renew it?

ask locally - I'm in Cabrera

Start at the Ban Reservas

La Nacional across the street from Playero is where I normally see the line-up.  Not sure if there's another location in Sosua.

You can renew your vehicle marbete from 2nd November 2021 until 16th January 2022.

https://eldia.com.do/renovacion-de-marb … noviembre/

Cost is 1500 pesos for vehicles up to 2016 and 3000 pesos for 2017 onwards. You need fee, cedula(id) and copy of matricula to renew.

Is the matricula the title?

Yes it is !  Its really easy to do all of this online!   They will deliver your new sticker right to your house.

Not sure its available everywhere, so check online.

Here it the main page, the link part way down is not yet working!

https://dgii.gov.do/vehiculosMotor/Pagi … culos.aspx

planner wrote:

Yes it is !  Its really easy to do all of this online!   They will deliver your new sticker right to your house.

Not sure its available everywhere, so check online.

If in your location there are any office of DGII they will delivery in your house or work place.

Thanks Riva, that makes sense!

As with all things Dominican, the website is outdated...some information still applies.

We live in Veron and they deliver ours

The online ability to  renew is now working!

Is this required each year at the same time of year for everyone or its different for everyone?  We just bought a car in July, and now we already have to buy another license renewal.  I did go online and it stated we have about 70 days to renew online.  Why only 70 days?   Should it not last one full year (so we renew it next July)?

No it's done annually for everyone at the same time.  When you bought the vehicle that marbete is good until January 16 apparently.

For a truly Dominican experience put off the purchase until about January 12!  :D

Tried to renew online last year, and met with failure.  The online payment process was not working for me.  It would not accept my credit card or local debit card.  This year, I believe I have succeeded, as the system took my credit card and generated an approval email.  I have just received an email saying my sticker has been dispatched, and should receive it inside of 8 days.  Without an actual street name, but a visible house number on the mailbox, I am curious to see how this works.  For fun, I pasted a Google Maps location in an address field as well.  If our EdeNorte bill gets delivered regularly, I am guessing my Marbete will arrive as well.  If not, it was an experiment that won't be repeated next year.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing....how the heck are they going to find us!!?  And get through our two gates, etc.  The gardener usually gets our power bill, from somewhere on the property, and hand delivers to us.
Keep us posted   :top:

They usually will contact you by phone if they can't find you. They use local delivery people and often they can find you!   If not, meet them at the colmado!

UncleBuck wrote:

Tried to renew online last year, and met with failure.  The online payment process was not working for me.  It would not accept my credit card or local debit card.  This year, I believe I have succeeded, as the system took my credit card and generated an approval email.  I have just received an email saying my sticker has been dispatched, and should receive it inside of 8 days.  Without an actual street name, but a visible house number on the mailbox, I am curious to see how this works.  For fun, I pasted a Google Maps location in an address field as well.  If our EdeNorte bill gets delivered regularly, I am guessing my Marbete will arrive as well.  If not, it was an experiment that won't be repeated next year.

As an update, I got a phone call from Domex couriers to deliver my Marbete, but we were leaving to Santo Domingo for Residency Renewal.  I think it would have worked out very well for delivery, but I was going through Puerto Plata anyways, and was able to pick it up at the Domex office there.  Really, for the trouble it is, I think going to get it in-person is easier.  At least in Sosua.  5 minutes and it's done.  But it would've worked for delivery, so that's progress!

Is there a local office in Las Terrenas?  We just purchased a vehicle this week so I assume we will be required to do this as well.

For me in Santo Domingo it's 2 - 4 hours depending on day, distance and traffic

modaisky1971 wrote:

Is there a local office in Las Terrenas?  We just purchased a vehicle this week so I assume we will be required to do this as well.

We did our original registration for our car in Santo Domingo. Renewing the marbete each year can be done in Las Terrenas, but I don't know about the original plates and registration.

Cruffman?

modaisky1971 wrote:

Service Center Las Terrenas.
Av. Juan Pablo Duarte, No.238, Plaza Milano, Local No.15, 2do nivel, Las Terrenas
Telf. 809-240-6302
Lunes a viernes 8:00 a.m a 4:00 p.m

Here the link of the directory in case some one in another location wants to check their neaby office.

https://dgii.gov.do/transparencia/Oai/D … asDGII.pdf

Thank you everyone, much appreciated 😁

I tried to renew my marbete  at Banreservas but they would not accept my copy of the registration saying it was too light. Tried to make a darkened copy and still no luck. So today I am without a marbete because I left the original title in the US.

Ill be here another 4 months and my question is what will the fines be if caught? I am willing to pay but if I am caught again do I pay another fine or only the once?  I also heard they can take away my vehicle. Is this true?