Is there an Expat community in Puente Genil, Cordoba

Seen a house that looks good and we want to buy in Spain.  Wanted to know if any Ex Pats living in the Puente Genil area as my husband and I don't want to feel completely isolated. Also are there Doctors Chemists etc.
Thanks in advance.

ReneC25 wrote:

Seen a house that looks good and we want to buy in Spain.  Wanted to know if any Ex Pats living in the Puente Genil area as my husband and I don't want to feel completely isolated. Also are there Doctors Chemists etc.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Sorry I miss spelt name should be Puente Gencil.

Hello!

I've just taken a look at Puente Genil on Google Streetview and it looks like a standard town like hundreds of others in the country.

Of course there are all the standard amenities found in most any town.  You may want to just type the name of the city in any browser and see just what the city is about.  Here's a quick summary of my search:

-- "Puente Genil is a town in the Spanish province of Córdoba, situated about 45 miles from the city of Córdoba. It has a population of 30,033."  With that size population, I would expect they would have all sorts of amenities.

--  "Puente Genil is a beautiful town established in the range of Cordoba, in Andalusia. The city is 70 km away from the ancient city of Cordoba. Access to the region comes from the train route from the Malaga Cordoba train, that is accessible from the Malaga airport. The town is one of the biggest agricultural hubs in the province of Cordoba. Puente Genil is famous for producing wine, jams, and olive oil. It is, likewise, an outstanding vacation spot that attracts tourists from all over the world. If you are planning to head for this destination, we will give you a brief on the five must-see attractions in the region of Puente Genil."

Sounds like a lovely little town!  Best of luck to you in you!

Michele

Hi Michelle
Thank you for going to so much trouble.  We went to the property and the town.  Puente Genil is indeed a lovey town with loads of amenities and vert very clean.  We liked the property to a degree, needed to spend quite a bit to get it to our liking.  Jury is still out on the verdict.  Biggest downside for me we like to be there in Winter and we thought being so far south it would be warm but having checked weather forecasts (historical) it is quite a lot colder and has a lot more rain than where we usually winter (Benidorm) and also getting to and from UK costs quite a bit more than getting to Beni.  We are pensioners and need to consider all aspects.  We have not ruled it out completely but are still weighing up the facts as we did love the property.
Thanks again
gambianprincess

You've done all of the exact due diligence we think anyone considering such a move should go through.  My husband and I have been working on preparing our own move -- from the US to Malaga Province -- for the past many years.

We hope to finalize our move when I reach (US) retirement age.  I've got an "investigatory" visit planned for the end of 2020 as my husband has never been.

We wish you the very best as you find your own lovely spot in an extremely lovely country.

Regards,

Michele

Thank you Michelle