Current Residency Requirements

For the benefit of those people who dont know of the requirements when exercising EU FoM this is what you need to do if you wish to live in Cyprus (MEU1 temporary residency application) - other EU countries have very similar requirements that MUST be met
* valid passport plus copy
* marriage cert plus copy - translated into greek if not in english -and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country and also the Cyprus embassy/consulate of your country in Cyprus - OR have it apostilled in the country of issue if marriage took place abroad
* divorce certificate or death certificate plus copy - translated into greek if not in english
* birth certificate of children plus copy - to be translated into greek if not in english and apostilled if birth took place abroad
* children from another father - sole parental responsibility of court or written consent of the father certified by the authorities of his country
* letter from school for children
* contract of sale OR Tenancy Agreement plus copy - TA to be revenue stamped & signed by the village Mukhtar plus copy - current rules are upto €5000 total CONTRACT rental do not need revenue stamps - over €5000 total CONTRACT rent does at the prevailing rate.  nb SEE STAMPS CALCULATOR ON THE LINK
  http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf … AaKX8d9WHw

EXAMPLES
RENT OF €400 PER MONTH ON 12 MONTH CONTRACT = €4800 - NO REVENUE STAMPS REQUIRED

RENT OF €400 PER MONTH ON 60 MONTH CONTRACT = €24000 LESS €5000 = €19000 = €28.50 FOR THE ORIGINAL PLUS €2 FOR EACH COPY

RENT OF €1000 PER MONTH ON 12 MONTH CONTRACT - €12000 LESS €5000 =  €7000 = €10.50 FOR THE ORIGINAL AND €2 FOR EACH COPY

RENT OF €1000 PER MONTH ON 60 MONTH CONTRACT - €60000 LESS €5000 = €55000 = €82.50 FOR THE ORIGINAL AND €2 FOR EACH COPY.

* health Insurance Cover plus copy - Private Insurance or Hospital card or S1 forms (not EHIC cards)
* income certificates plus copy - pensions, wage slips, rental income, savings, bonds, dividends and investments. if working or planning to work letter/job offer or some other evidence of working and paying Social insurance 
* bank statements plus copy - with transaction details from Cyrpus and your home country for at least the last three months, Cyprus bank statements must be stamped by the bank
* alien certificate  - pink slip if you have one
* completed form MEU1A
* application fee of €20 for each person

For the MEU3 Permanent Residency

* certificate of Residency (yellow slip) or residence card
* rental agreement or property sale contract or title deed for the last 5 years
* Utility bills or statements of accounts from the relevant authorities (usually water telephone or electricity) but now know they can accept a statement of account from your local internet /local  tv service provider ) for the last 5 years
* bank statement form the last 5 years stamped by the bank
* social insurance certificates for contributions for the last 5 years
* any other documents proving the completion of a continuous period of 5 years in the Republic of Cyprus

One has to remember that the revenue stamping of rental contracts seems to be a nice little earner for the Taxman but an issue only for non cypriots moving here as they are forced down this route by the immigration depts for the ARCs bit everyone else who doesnt need them gets away with it..... its not a complaint just an observation of the way it is. It could be seen as a way of identifying landlords who may not be paying tax on their rental incomes..... but the mechanism itself is still flawed.... as if one has a short  contract in order order to get the ARC you would pay revenue stamps for contract values over the €5000 threshhold.  But there are no checks after that if you have a rolling contract unless of course you need to prove legit revenue stamped rental contracts for 5 yrs or more which is necessary for the MEU3....

REPOST FROM UK in Cyprus - British High Commission Nicosia

We welcome the Cypriot government’s announcement that they will extend the deadline to apply for residency for British nationals currently living in Cyprus, and those that arrive by 31 October, until 31 December 2020. This will ensure our citizens still have plenty of time to confirm their right to live in Cyprus after we leave the EU. #UKNationalsinCyprus #Brexit

source http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf … ftUL0BfWPc

REPOST FORM UK in Cyprus - British High Commission Nicosia

Some clarifications :
A] Grace period until 31 December 2020 regards UK nationals already residing in Cyprus and those who plan to move to the Republic by 31 October. Residency permits will be valid indefinitely
B] The offer reciprocates what the UK has guaranteed months ago to EU nationals living in Britain.
C] Indeed there is no transition period in case of a no-deal Brexit but the UK Government’s desire remains to get a deal with the EU which will be to the mutual benefit of the two sides
D] You can find all the answers around the Brexit process on gov.uk/Brexit and on our Living In Cyprus guide also on gov.uk

Thank you for the above information. I have to say I’m still slightly confused though. I’ve looked at lots of websites and they all have different requirements on them! I’m a self-employed British citizen and I hope to move to Cyprus soon.

Do I need to provide a marriage certificate if my wife is also a British citizen and is applying separately? We married in Hong Kong (though the certificate is in English) and getting it apostilled will be awkward.

Is it easy to get a tenancy agreement with just an EU passport and no residency certificate or anything else? It seems to be the first step in the whole process.

As a self-employed person, do I first need to get a ‘Certificate of Registration to the Social Securities Services as self-employed’, as stated here? Will that also get me a social security number? What else might I need - would freelance contracts and three months of bank statements be enough?

I understand that some professions are regulated and require the recognition of qualifications, but I can’t seem to find a list in English on the Labour Department’s website. Presumably a writer/editor and beauty therapist aren’t going to have problems in this area?

Would I need an ARC (pink slip)? I’m not sure what this is for.

Is this the correct order of applications: get a tenancy agreement (possibly signed by the mukhtar), get a social security certificate/number, apply for the residency certificate?

Many thanks for your help!

the ARC Alien Registration Certificate is the MEU1 its a temporary residency permit  (yellow slip)... the MEU3 (also yellow) is a permanent residency permit and that can only be obtained on completion with proof of 5 years legitimate residency

when you apply for your ARC assuming of course its before the UK formally leave the EU you will need a current passport, proof of local address, proof of income sufficient to support you and any dependants (without being a burden on the state of RoC)  proof of healthcare coverage (not EHIC)

The requirement now ( it wasnt this strict 5-6 yrs ago but it is now) seems to be 
Valid passport..... minimum 6months on it

Tenancy agreement signed by the Mukhtar and revenue stamped by the tax authority

Marriage cert in english and apostiled at the issuing authority

Sufficient evidence of income and or savings etc to support you and your family

Evidence of comprehensive healthcare cover for you and your family

and €20 each

BEST ADVICE  - TAKE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WHETHER YOU THINK YOU NEED IT OR NOT  - - BEST TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT

In answer to your questions

You are asked if you are married so yes you will be asked to supply an apostiled marriage certificate whether your spouse is with you or not or applying wIth you or not

You can get a tenancy agreement with just an eu passport  without an ARC... we did but that was over 5 years ago and we got our MEU1 within 6 weeks of arriving. You have 120 days to get the MEU1 as an EU brit.,.,. the rules will be applied differently once UK leave and become TCNs... how strict they will be remains to be seen, but i do know TCNs are treated differently and the requirements are more comprehensive - much will depend on whether UK and Cyprus come to an agreement over their nationals and full reciprocity is offered to cypriots in UK

Yes you can register for both a tax and social number without an ARC but they may require to see it when you get it (the same applies for getting a local bank account but the banks will demand to see it)

Bring as much income evidence as you can muster. bank statements showing income and savings, investments, self employment statements of income, tax returns etc  all help to support your application

Currently most (some arent) professional qualification are recognised for EU nationals but that may change when UK are no longer in EU...   

The pink slip no longer exists for EU nationals... although I think this was or is what TCNs got/get and pre EU brits had as a residency document

Tenancy documents now need to be stamped/signed by the mukhtar and also revenue stamped if the rental exceeds €5000 per yr (ie over €416.67 per month rent) the rate of tax stamp charges vary with the rental value - and are bought at the tax office... after you ve got your MEU1 then most people dont bother with the tax stamping on future rental agreements - some say its necessary to legalise a contract but hey its Cyprus and in my opinion anything goes and little protection is afforded..

Get tenancy sorted & get social & tax sorted

NB currently incomes of upto €19500 per annum per person is tax free and there is no obligation to submit tax returns, (over this figure then it is essential) this however is set to change this year and become mandatory irrrespective of income levels and zero tax returns will be required for those that it applies to.. Annual tax returns are now solely completed and submitted online. 
ALSO
2019 SAW THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CYPRUS NATIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM known as GESY.. the first phase will be completed by June this year and the second phase will kick in.. all legitimate residents are eligible to join it.

Thank you so much, Toon. That's really helpful! I'll buy you a Keo one day!  ;)

lol no worries a Leon & Wadworths IPA man here not a Keo man ( gives me heartburn) ------ good luck