Extending Stay, When to Apply for Visa Extension

Hi,

I am back in Philippines for the 2nd time this year, and want to extend my stay. I have a One year, Multi Entry Visa foot until November, but the stay is limited to 59 days per visit. I arrived June 10, so at what point should I travel to BI and apply for an extension? I was originally due to return July 19, but have cancelled the ticket.

Still on the fence as to whether I should get married to my GF, whom I am living with. So far, so good, but it looks like tourist Visa extensions are a pain, and a 13A would simplify things in that respect.

Hi. Yes ,a 13a is the answer. Im currently going through my visa at the moment.it makakes you a full resident and no need to renew,only every 5 years you must renew your acr card.and report yearly...(pref jan,or feb.).with 300p...and thats it....BUT..the 13a can be a pain if you dont have the proper docs. I paid an asignee to do mine,which i cut many corners with, no queing ect.  Hope this helps.  But get married first,because your spouse has to sponsor you. Hope this helps.  Andy.

I swung by the US Embassy when I arrived in n Manila and got the Affidavit for Eligibility for Marriage. Anything else I need besides that?

moonunit0103 wrote:

I swung by the US Embassy when I arrived in n Manila and got the Affidavit for Eligibility for Marriage. Anything else I need besides that?

On Luzon we had to wait 10 days to get married once we applied for the local marriage license.  Other things to take into account are the availability of any church you might want to use for a service and the idea of unlucky days to get married.  I was informed that any date which includes the last stroke of the number headed down is bad luck and should be avoided.  So this rules out the dates 1,11,21,31,4,14,24,7,17,27,9,19,29.  If your wife wants a Catholic wedding there is a whole other process if you are divorced depending on where your original wedding took place, if your ex-wife is still alive.  We contributed two fans to the church, had a day long talk with the priest.  I had originally married in a Lutheran church, but since marriage is not a sacrament in said church,  we got the ok.  I would think you might want to get an extension of your tourist visa with the idea that you do not know how long it will be until you are married and can apply for a 13a.  The Philippines is not famous for things happening on time, but being one day late on a visa renewal will cost you money.

Hello moonunit
I am now married to a Filipino but as yet do not need to extend my visa. Others will tell you what visa you need but in my case it will take the relevant authority 12 months to be able to register and print a marriage certificate. we were wed in a civil ceremony at a judges chambers, less rigamarole and easier co-ordination. You must get used to "Philippino time"  nothing but expenses happen with any haste.    regards   Bruce