Should I buy a COMPUTER for this Internet Company ???

I am using very big and a well known Internet Service Provider for internet in my home (they have GSM network also)

In today's world everything is wireless and mobile, so I am using only Phones and Tablets at home.

In my internet line I had a problem and I called this company..
They send their  technician to home immediately, and this was good part...

But the bad part is "Their technician DOES NOT have any equipment !!!"
He came to home with absolutely ZERO EQUIPMENT...
Yes,
This is very weird for a technician BUT ,
He came with Naked Hands ONLY, and he is asking from me to provide him a computer with an Ethernet cable, for connecting it and checking my modem !!!

I show him my phones and tablets, but he said "he cannot check with them"

Finally he went back without checking anything. Because He has NOTHING to check !!!
And he could not promise another solution too,
He is JUST saying that "Our company is not giving us equipment"

What kind of technical service is it?
What kind of company is this?

Can this company say me:
WHY DO I HAVE TO BUY and KEEP LAPTOP AT HOME for your technician??

HE MUST BRING HIS OWN LAPTOP or OTHER EQUIPMENT for checking everything !!!
YOU MUST GIVE THEM THESE NECESSARY THINGS !!!
But you very well know to collect full payment every month, so don't you know he will need these equipment for doing his job ???

Now what should I do?
Should I buy a COMPUTER for this Internet Service Company ???
Really UNBELIEVABLE!

Welcome to Asia :D

Loads of companies all over this region use poorly trained, ill equipped technicians - pretty average stuff.
It's only serious if it's a doctor, but you'll find equally incompetent quacks as well.

Coming from Egypt which is also a 3rd world country, I believe this is quite normal.

They do the same here in Egypt even in big companies, they come with their own Ethernet Cable, that's literally the best you've got, but you still indeed need a laptop sometimes.

Though usually they don't need one, they just connect the cable to the router and call the company through private IT line and they get the IT on the phone to do everything needed without accessing a computer at all.