UK Tourist Visa for my Flipina Girlfriend.

Hi There,

I am hoping that some of you could help me with her visa application, bottom line, is this possible without her having a bank account? Will my sponsorship be enough?

I want my girlfriend Kath to come to the UK to visit me and meet my family over Christmas and new year, we have been dating for 2 years now, I have been there multiple times to visit her and now its time for her to meet my family and see England,.

She has all her family there in the Philippines, she has a Job but no bank account yet, she will do soon once they have processed her application.

I will be her her sponsor for the trip, my parents have also offered to be her sponsor too if that helps the situation.

I live with my parents and have a decent salary £25K (Permanent Job Within NHS) and I am also able to provide payslips of up to six months.

I have already an invitation letter, proof of address, payslips etc.

If you can help us in any way, it would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jack

Hi There,

I am also thinking of inviting my girlfriend to visit the UK from the Philippines so would be interested to know what you find out.

I did have a similar experience with my ex wife who was Ukranian and I provided Pay Slips, bank statements, proof of address in UK and invitation letters and also went with her when she applied for the visa in Kiev. I think the more documentation you provide the better so a letter from your parents is good. If she will be getting a bank account shortly that is also good and you will need to make it clear you are paying for the flights and may be required to produce copies of flight tickets before. It is allso a good idea to inform them how long you have know your girlfriend and how many trips you have made to see her. Copies of the relevant pages of your passport with immigration stamps would be a good idea.

Good luck

The deal with getting Filipina girlfriends a tourist visa has been a time consuming failure for most USA Citizens.  There are human trafficing concerns and the idea that the tourist visa holder will not return to the Philippines. Many have been detained at the airport and refused boarding.  With no bank account it may be difficult to prove she intends to return to the Philippines.
              I don't know if the UK citizens have similar girlfriend visa problems, but it will require plenty of research on your part and her part.  Good luck.

I do not know if the immigration law is stricter in UK than in European Union (Shengen visa). But in EU your girlfriend has nearly no chance to visit a EU country as a tourist except if she is very rich, a very well known personality in the PH (showbiz, politics etc) or she is part of a pilgrimage tour. If she has no bank account even less chance... sorry to tell you that and maybe UK is more open than EU ..  If you know the UK Ambassador in PH, maybe he can help.
The best is to get married in the PH and then she will be free to travel in the UK
All the best

Hi Jack,
If you complete the visa application  forms online, you will find a section that gives you the option to provide financial details for the trip, you can then give info that you will be providing all finance for the visit.

Jack hi from San Pablo, my son used to work in  immigration UK and he would be with the local Police rounding up the "Illegals" that overstay their visas in order to work and sent money to the Philippines. The problems they cause the government when they are abused by villains who know their circumstances and exploit them.  Its the UK governments job to ensure that the Filipino applicant has a strong reason to return to their family in the  Philippines and promises are not good enough. So many guys are "hoodwinked" into providing financial support that the UK visa department is over whelmed with the applications......remember when your dearly beloved does an unexpected runner in the UK, its the government that has the problems that she will cause.  The UK is not so much interested in your circumstances because they know all about you, but the Filipino is the main concern.  Without some substance to your g/fs application I would say that it would be an expensive exercise to apply for a visit visa....sorry

The sticking point is in proving strong ties to the Philippines & a guarantee she will return.

Property in her name.
a letter from the employer stating limited leave & when she must return to work,
a bank account with monthly or weekly electronic transfers from that company
Leisure (not work) Travel history of her returning to Philippines and not overstaying (could be a couple of trips to HK, Taiwan etc, which are visa free)

With these you stand a chance, without them you don't, in my experience.