Coming to Tenerife with dog

Hi all

I'm hoping to move to South Tenerife in the next two months.  I need a long term rental but have a Labrador.   Been looking for accom online at idealista.com but no options with dogs.
Can anybody give me any advice please?

Many thanks Lynda x

Some people I know have a small dog.  They have just moved from one apartment to another.   There is no doubt they will loose their deposit but that will no where near replace the furnature which has been damaged by their dog

My son used to let an apartment.  We had to refurnish after we allowed a person to rent with a dog.  The owner said the dog was well behaved and would not be a problem

Sorry if people have difficulty finding accommodation where dogs are allowed but if i were letting I would never permit pets

Wow Johncar I can only hope you dont represent the majority of people on this site.

I'm a responsible dog owner, who would never allow my 10 year old Labrador to damage anybody's anything.   If in the highly unlikely instance he did, I would replace the item or pay repairs in full.

I was genuinely asking for helpful advice,  not a ranting lecture based on your opinion/experience with irresponsible dog owners.

Lynda   "I was genuinely asking for helpful advice,  not a ranting lecture based on your opinion/experience with irresponsible dog owners."

May I suggest if you wish you use this forum for advice, which I hope you do,  that you do not post impolitely, which is contrary to the rules.

The reason you appear to have posted is because you are having difficulty finding a property where owners will let to dog owners. I was suggesting why you may be experiencing that problem.

John
Forum Team Member

Can I just jump in on this subject?

As a landlord and an animal lover, I would not wish to rent out my property to a dog owner. You have to take into consideration that once you leave the dwelling has to be rented out to others. So carpets and furnishings have to be cleaned.

Landlords do not wish to have the added hassle to do so. It's all very well saying that the owner will cover the costs but its the time wasted. Often its an income for the landlord so a  couple of weeks in 2 weeks without money coming in.

This is why it's very hard to find properties that allow animals. Especially when it is for short term lets.

Thanks Johncar

So you can be impolite but it's against your rules for anybody else to respond to your impoliteness!!

Pot and kettle spring to mind, but don't worry I'll try other forum's who's administration don't categorize and judge strangers.

Have a lovely day
Lynda x

Lynda,

I just found from a google search this Dog-friendly apartment.

I hope this is of help.

Good luck

SimCityAT
Expat Team