Lifted TB ban & deportation order reapplying residency for Wife

Hi Guys,

I have been living in Dubai for more than 8 years now.

In 2012 i bought my wife to Dubai through a tourist visa to apply for the residency visa. Unfortunately when she was tested in Dubai she was diagnosed with TB plus the usual scar in her lungs when the x ray was taken. She was then taken to the hospital and was given treatment for about two weeks and her iris scan was taken and was deported back to my home country.

Fast forward i think in 2016 when the UAE amended the law to allow Wives and childrens of expatriates to remain in the country after treatment i went back to the treatment center and produced my wife's medical documents and formally got the ban and deportation order removed. She has since come to Dubai on tourist visa on two occasions.

The thing is i want to apply for her medical test from Sri Lanka for the residency visa so she had gone down to the GMC approved medical center to get her medical test but they had no idea on how to proceed with such cases as she already has a scar and they say when they input the reports to the system (i think its gcchmc.org as it is there we need to register) it will show up as medically unfit to apply for visa.

Yes, i could bring her here again on a tourist visa and get her tested here and hopefully there won't be any issues again as the law was amended to allow wives and children to remain but i want to get the medical test done in Sri Lanka that's the problem.

Does anyone know what the procedure is to apply  for wives or childrens who had TB scars? Do we need to get a letter from the treatment center in Dubai informing the clinic in Sri lanka to approve the medical fitness test or do we need to inform the https://gcchmc.org/ or will we able to apply even with a medically unfit certificate?

I am not sure if anyone here have gone through such a scenario if you have any information that would be of help.

The best place to get the exact details would be the treatment center in Dubai and I hope to visit the center to get more information on how i can get this sorted.

First of all, I would not advise any medical in Sri Lanka.  This will be through GAMCA and they will NEVER give her a FIT certificate.  Bring her on a tourist visa, convert this visa, do the medical and get visa stamped.  Make sure that you have all of the previous documents that you shared for removal of ban so that even it is applied again, you can get it lifted.  Ideally, when you had this lifted last time, you should have gotten her dependent visa immediately and not waited.

you are right i should have done it way earlier but unfortunately i was held up with other commitments.

I need to go over to the DHA and talk to them and sort out what needs to be done. I did call them but the person i spoke to  didn't have much of a clue. He wanted me to talk to the embassy. I will head over to the DHA and see what i can get. It will not work if i speak to them over the phone.

@XTang, I have a question. So when a deported person was able to lift his ban and went to UAE under visit visa, then secure a job, would there be a problem in processing his employment visa given that he has a record of unfit medical result?

I think you are confusing two separate items.

The ban can only be lifted for dependents i.e. wife and kids on compassionate basis. 

If you have a ban due to TB, it will NOT be lifted for employment visas.  And even if you get it lifted to be sponsored as the dependent of your partner; you will still NOT get an employment visa - only dependent visa on which you can't work.

Good day Xtang! I just want to ask if there's a possible that the person who had lifetime ban can enter in Dubai again??thanks..

Depends on what ban was for.

XTang wrote:

Depends on what ban was for.

Due to medical issue

Again as I said, what was the ban for?  not all medical issues are the same.

If it was HIV or TB, forget about lifting it for employment visas.   Only possible for dependent visas i.e. you are being sponsored by a husband or wife.   If it was Hep B and you are not part of the 6 professions, then it is also possible but difficult.

@GuestPoster479 Hi same situation has happened to my wife also and she had to go back to SL last Sept 05 and its been now 2.5 months she left UAE after done all the relevant tests in SL all the reports are now Negative (Not Detected) for Active/Old TB. Waiting to bring my wife back to UAE since she has no sickness like this and wanted to know the process that you have gone through. Much appreciated if you could give me your active UAE mobile no.

@GuestPoster479 Hi same situation has happened to my wife also and she had to go back to SL last Sept 05 and its been now 2.5 months she left UAE after done all the relevant tests in SL all the reports are now Negative (Not Detected) for Active/Old TB. Waiting to bring my wife back to UAE since she has no sickness like this and wanted to know the process that you have gone through. Much appreciated if you could give me your active UAE mobile no.

Hello speedyshehan,

Welcome to expat.com!

Profiles named GuestPoster/Guest followed by numbers are deleted profiles.

If you have any questions, you can create a new Dubai forum. You might be able to get more advice that way1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@speedyshehan hi, were you able to bring your wife back? Possible to talk to you on phone? I am in a similar situation

Hello,

My husband has submitted the request to remove my ban this is per Al Muhaisna Instruction they provide us the list of documents to be attached on the email. This is to obtained a sponsored visa, I'am just wondering  if anyone has applied for LIFTING THE BAN and how long did the DHA responded upon the submission of the request with documents. I should leave the cuntry on or before 9th of October. But the officer from Al Muhaisna immigration recommended not to leave the country while processing the documents and just pay the fine.They said its much easier if i'am here in UAE. I'am worried about the fine it may cost alot,

@Applearmy

better pay fine, that  dont come back .. sit till u have this chance

@Argentina kd Thanks,