Looking for International school in Bursa

Hello all,

Im planning to move from Dubai to Bursa, and Im looking for an international school (for a grade2 boy)
My son can speak and write English and Arabic, my son currently is studying in a British school (English Curriculum), as I mentioned I need an International school since my son cannot speak Turkish.

Thank you,

Following

Hello.... I'm an American teacher living in bursa since 2008..

I have taught in Bursa and have raised my children there also.

Unfortunately, there are no "real" international schools in Bursa.  They will all tell you that they are but this is far from the truth.

Do yourself and your children a favor, learn Turkish ASAP.... your life in Turkey will be much better... It's not America nor Dubai, the language is Turkish and there is not one school in Bursa that can teach your children anything else.

If you and your family can't learn Turkish, Bursa is not the city for you.  If you must come to Turkey, reconsider Istanbul.  BURSA IS CONSERVATIVE AND HOMOGENEOUS. 

Wish you good luck... Strongly advise you to take Turkish lessons ASAP... TOMER in Ozmangazi is an invaluable source for language lessons... Inshallah your move will be smooth...

Thank you very much for your reply, actually I agree with you that since Im planning to live in Turkey means Me and my family have to speak Turkish, but as a start I thought it may be good if my son can be in an international school and still he will learn Turkish from school and from the students as well.

Thank you agin for your help :)

Good luck.... I love living in Turkey... My kids are very, very happy, smart and well adjusted thanks to their time living abroad...

Its not always unicorns and rainbows but it's a lovely country full of wonderful people!!!

Good luck...

Susanne

Hi Susanna ,

I red your comments . Thanks for the advice , as we are planning to move to Bursa mext year .

As a teacher could you please recommend the most suitable  school in Bursa (IB) according to your experiance .

Thanks
Khaldoun

Hello Sussane, UK born Turk here. Most of my family live in Bursa and we visit the beautiful city every summer for about a week or so during the school holidays.... My kids and I have been thinking about making the big move to Bursa, I'm fluent and my children can understand spoken Turkish, (not so fluent). Which schools would you recommend for a 9 and 11 year old in Bursa, a school where they can easily adapt? I noticed you said there wasn't an international school in Bursa, which would be the closest in your opinion? My 9 year old is in primary and my 11 year old will be starting secondary education this September...
Kind regards:))

There is one opened last year. Al Fayez International School Bursa Branch. https://en.kazanim-k12.com/
We are american families here in Bursa and my friend's kids are going to this school.

Can you help me and give me an idea about the fees in this school as in their websites the fees are not mentioned
TIA

$3500 USD per year.

My children goes to Al Fayez international and we are very pleased 😊

Do you have any feedback on the school as we are interested.

Hello everyone, I just moved back to bursa after 3 years of being abroad. Indeed, it's a lovely city to live in, safe and sociable neighborhood. However, finding a private school with international curriculum is a nightmare. Unfortunately, so far, as per my search, we have al Fayez school which is not really international (very poor facility and unprofessional staff), fees are high comparing to other international school in turkey. (Start from3500$).
My wife and I are considering moving to Istanbul just because of the schools.
Just wanted to share my experience with you guys. Best of luck.

any update from others ?

Hi there, if you're moving to Istanbul please update me with good English schools in Istanbul, as I'm planning to move to Istanbul. Thank you & best wishes

@Alhamra Holidays I just want to ask you if you know any international school wich have a reasonable price in Istanbul or Turkey because the most are extremely expensive. Thanks in advance.

@bwakmjcnobels Istanbul or Turkey?? Turkey is big, very big. what are your status? Retiree, entrepaneur, ... how can you ask Istanbul or Turkey, does sound strange., very strange.

@Alhamra Holidays I would imagine cost of living in Bursa is cheaper then Istanbul (day-today transport to school is a cost). If you can afford to move to Istanbul 3500 EUR/USD in Bursa does not sound too expensive to me.

Hello

I want to move from Iran to bursa because of my daughters education.

I want to know about  international  animation schools in bursa for my 16 years old daughter and also about primary school for my little daughter in grade 3 .

I hope you can help me. 🙏

Thank you

Akademik Koleji International School

Akademik Koleji International School is a multilingual educational institution that is located in Bursa, which aims to make the students bilingual in order to gain many cognitive social skills and a perceptual flexibility throughout their life.

The levels that Akademik Koleji International school instructs are:

Middle School

High School

LRN PRIMARY AND SECONDARY CURRICULUM

About Our Accreditation

Learning Resource Network (LRN) is a UK based awarding organisation recognised by Ofqual-who regulate qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.

LRN is recognised for its high quality qualifications that enable candidates to progress to other areas of study and employment in their designated fields.

In producing its qualifications, LRN uses the experience and expertise of academics, assessment practitioners and professionals working in the pertinent industries with a wealth of knowledge of best practice, validation, verification, delivery and assessment.   GOVERNMENT RECOGNITION

As well as its recognition by Ofqual, LRN is also recognised by overseas regulators and governments, some examples are :

Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)

German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)

Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) –Dubai

Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)

Ministry of Education

GLOBAL RECOGNITION

LRN's general qualification are globally recognised, some examples of institutions that do so are:

University of Edinburgh

University of Birmingham

University of Warwick

Imperial College London

York University Canada

University of Alberta

New York University

University of California

University of Auckland

University of Canterbury

University of New England

RMIT University

University College Dublin

Dublin City University    AKADEMIK KOLEJI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

Contact Person: Utku PERINCEK

Contact Details: 444 8 016

Whatsapp: +090 507 224 52 42

Address Link: [link moderated]

Ataevler, akpelin Sokak No:6/1, 16140 Nilüfer/Bursa

@Ghenwa Bayazeed  hello , hope you managed to find something suitable for your son .. could you please share if u managed to find the school . We too are looking for one

Hello everyone,

I guess I am lucky to find this website. I am thinking to move my family from USA to Bursa. is there any luck to find a real international school that teach only in English as my kids specks English only. hope there is on there and credited. Please update me.

@Ghenwa Bayazeed have you looked into Gokkusagi school?

Hello admissionbursa,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for taking the time to reply but by now Ghenwa Bayazeed should have found a school. Also, the last time this member visited the forum was 4 years ago.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Ghenwa Bayazeed

Dear

hope you r doing well

there is a branch of  Gokkusagi Cambridge schools in Bursa ,which is officially certified by Cambridge and IB  . they have more branches in other cities as I know, also well known in Istanbul for IB and CambRidge schools . based on my researches  they were stablished like 27 years ago in Istanbul.

have also a University in Istanbul called Gelişim.

if your son used to study in British school , the most likely school for him to adapt must be this one.

also all the lessons are in English , so no worries if he doesnt know any Turkish…

I would highly recommend you there , as they also are having a majestically well equipped building …

@Parinazsadeghi

they also have a university called Gelişim