Accomodation

Hi everyone.
I'm a teacher.
So my hubby, our 11 year old son and I are looking into the possibility of moving to Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh . I'm currently starting the interview process to teach .
My question is, what is the safest and best way to find a suitable flat  and second, what other jobs are there for my husband, who is an Executive director of a non profit peace organisation. He is also happy to teach if need be.
The job I'm applying for max monthly income is R7000 or $700
Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

LeonoraAStephens wrote:

Hi everyone.
I'm a teacher.
So my hubby, our 11 year old son and I are looking into the possibility of moving to Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh . I'm currently starting the interview process to teach .
My question is, what is the safest and best way to find a suitable flat  and second, what other jobs are there for my husband, who is an Executive director of a non profit peace organisation. He is also happy to teach if need be.
The job I'm applying for max monthly income is R7000 or $700
Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Although locals obviously live on a lot less, you will be hard pressed to keep your family of three afloat on $700.   You should check out other employers as the salary sounds very low.  I kept up a salary of about $1400 while turning away additional hours from my school and others.  Hourly rates are a little higher now.   If by "I'm a teacher" you mean that you are a certified K-12 teacher in your home country, you might want to look into teaching in an international school.  Both salaries and work climate should be a lot better than teaching ESL nights and weekends.

Although you may end up going other routes, assuming you are both 4 year University graduates, both you and your husband should still be looking into suitable TEFL courses.  This will keep all your options open or even let you find weekend ESL work if you have M-F jobs.

Thank you so much for your feedback.
Yes we both hold 4 year degrees and he has an honours degree as well.
Will take what you have advised into consideration

Hi LeonoraAStephens,
I have a UK degree and a TEFL and I've managed to get a decent job and wages are very good.
There does not seem to be a problem for many, and as you have a real teaching degree you should be fine.

Thank you Bobby