Quiet place to live Da Nang?

Honestly, does it exist?  I'm tired of thin walls and floors on apartment buildings where you hear every footstep in the apartments above and below, dogs barking, loud neighbors in homes nearby, construction, etc. even my local friends and local realtors seem confused by my definition of quiet apartment living.

Does ANYONE know where to live quietly and peacefully here and where to go?

Thank you

Hi Joe,

Vietnam is a noisy country, people don't realize (or don't care) how bad it can affect their neighbors, between the noisy karaokes, barking dogs, rooster etc... it can be somehow overwhelming. You must get over it because it is not going to change.
That being said there are places that are noisier than others. For example my wife and I own a 12 apartments building near the Pullman Resort. There are a few constructions around but nothing too loud, all tenants are long term and respect the quiet time policy after 10pm, also pets are not allowed. I find it generally very quiet.
Another solution would be to move to a more remote area (near FPT or Hoi An) and rent a full house.

Joeaports59 wrote:

Honestly, does it exist?  I'm tired of thin walls and floors on apartment buildings where you hear every footstep in the apartments above and below, dogs barking, loud neighbors in homes nearby, construction, etc. even my local friends and local realtors seem confused by my definition of quiet apartment living.

Does ANYONE know where to live quietly and peacefully here and where to go?

Thank you

North Danang, near the bay

Thank you for replying so quickly and verifying some things for me. That is indeed the general concept and future advice.

Im retired and ......just on the other side of 60, so like to spend and generally and normally do spend a lot of time in my apartment. I wish to enjoy that time and not for example have to re-read the same page of a book several times because of the constant (and best described violent)  acts of one noise or another that occurs here. Or it's live like a vampire after that 10PM shut down time and who wants to do that.

I have a young local girlfriend who's a peach and do get out and about and travel SEA, but I'm finding it difficult to reconcile this noisy community culture that does not value privacy or understand what peace and quiet means or the value of it.  Or the quite insane thin builds of all apartments in Da Nang.

In my first visit here from the states and my 5 months present I have discovered what you have verified, that it's get out of the city and into a house if you want any kind of serenity.

The pros list outweighs the cons list but a few of those cons are really brutal. Having lived in quiet suburbs stateside and never in an apartment and one in a city and culture as noisy as Da Nang (God forbid HCMC or Hanoi) I'm not sure I can reconcile myself to it and hope and pray I can find a quiet area to live in or I will have to bid Vietnam adieu and hustle myself back to the states and get a place up North in Michigan on about 10 acres.

Thank you kindly

Perhaps u should rent for a few days before making a commitment.
Stay away from construction areas.
I had dogs barking one night, yes ONE night. The next morning the owner of my building and later myself confronted the owner, never saw the dogs again. Chickens can be a pain, none where I am thank god.
Get away from the city on the suburbs, or a quiet neighbourhood.

Thank you so much, good input. Im trying to learn as fast as I can, will be “testing” a new apartment shortly for a couple of nights before deciding.

This newer building seems better insulated and constructed for noise reduction, so many older
or “refurbished” are not.

I also contacted HouseRentalDanang and made
It clear what I needed including outskirts of the city and they are checking for me.